VST3i is supported on all CPUs and OSes, and in my DAWs, but HSSE3 crashes on install

See who’s ranting, confronting, and making it personal?

Why would someone need SDA just to get the free player? Really?
Here’s how it’s done for them, and even if you use SDA, you’re still getting the ‘same installers’ to launch. SDA is just kicking them off from the same shell that downloaded the file. Free HALion Sonic SE | Steinberg

OK, this is senseless now.
Sorry that you don’t want to understand my point.

Maybe he did something wrong?

Maybe he did, but he didn’t ask for help resolving his issue. He tried it, it didn’t work, he came to a conclusion as to why, and expressed an opinion about it.

If it’s wrong, it’s wrong. If there’s something to it, it might have gotten in the JIRA as something to discuss and make decisions about, and perhaps assign to someone on the team ‘if’ there is anything to resolve.

It’s an opinion, and it’s on the topic of HSSE. It makes sense to me. I’ve run into similar things before. Perfectly functional software that simply refused to ‘install’ (Legacy Roland MIDI drivers for example). So I installed them on an ancient XP machine, went into the driver store, moved those files to the modern PC and gave those unsigned files permission to install and be registered into the driverstore, and presto. Perfectly running drivers (and other software).

All these years later Roland still refuses to release updated drivers. Only thing really ‘wrong with them’ for Windows users is the stupid installer they put together. Instead of just unpacking the stuff and making it available…it crippled itself for no good reason.

Now you can ‘doubt me’ all you like, but it’s a true story, and I’ve helped hundreds of people crack that particular installer and get their old keyboards doing USB>MIDI again.

In my mind at least, OP has run into something that he seems to believe could be similar to my Roland Diver installer scenario.

Anyway, it’s been fun. Gotta get off this thread and get some things done.