VSTBridge connection lost

Hi guys,

I’m working with Cubase Artist 6.5.3(x64). I have some problems with some plugins. I load in a plugin and everything goes fine and then i suddenly get the error ‘VSTBride connection lost’ and the plugin stops working. At first it happened with only 1 plugin, DuneCM, but since today the error turns also up with Synth1.
Does someone know how to fix it?

Why are you using 64-bit Cubase if you only have 3 GB RAM?

The same here,
VSTbridge lost connection. 32 bit plugins stop.
It worked great untill now. A freshly installed sytem. It’s so annoying.

Does anyone know the magic to get this working again?

I don’t know, I installed it and it is in my 64-bit programs folder

Does running Cubase 32-bit solve the problem?

Well, it will make it so your 32-bit plug-ins don’t have to be bridged. Some 32-bit plugs work fine with the Cubase bridge, others don’t.

You should be able to install both 32 and 64-bit versions of Cubase.

Are you a Mac or a PC? A lot of folks are getting good results using jBridge …

I’m on Windows 7 64-bit. If I re-install cubase to 32-bit, I will have to install from all my x64 plugins the 32-bit version right?
And am I still able to open all the projects I have now with the 32-bit version?

Sorry, I missed that.

I would suggest jBridge. There is a demo you can try before you buy to see if it solves your problems.

I’m running full 64-bit with the exception of a handful of plug-ins which are functioning fine with the Cubase bridge so I’m afraid I can’t help any further. I know there are plenty of people using 32 and 64-bit Cubase on the same system. Maybe one of them will come along to give you some more suggestions.

But if I understood it well I could easily work with 32-bit 'cause 64-bit has no advantages for me because of my 3GB ram… So then it would be easier for me to do a 32-bit install than buying jBridge?

As long as all the plugins you use are also available in 32-bit, then yes. But I don’t think that’s a problem, the problem is usually going from 32 to 64.
Cubase 32 runs fine on Windows 64 by the way.

As far as I know, all my plugins have a 32-bit version. But if I run my 32-bit plugins in Cubase 32-bit I don’t have to go with that VST-bridge to 64, do I?

So if I understood it right I don’t have to use the VSTBridge anymore if I run Cubase 32 so that cannot cause problems anymore…

nope, at least that’s what I’d expect.

I installed the 32-bit version and everything seems to be working fine :slight_smile: