VSTs in template not working on another computer?

I made a template on my home computer filled with a lot of PLAY and Kontakt instrument tracks. I opened this template on my laptop. The Kontakt tracks load fine, but the PLAY tracks do not. No sound. If I open the instrument window, a small dialogue box appears that reads:

No Parameters Available

I can manually load in PLAY instruments, but all of my pre-created PLAY tracks in the template have this error. Can anyone pinpoint what the issue is and provide step to resolve it?

Hi,

Most probably, there is different path to the Play sound library on your laptop.

Quite possibly. How would I correct this for all PLAY tracks in my template?

Start with one. If it works, then do it for all.

What do you mean, “start with one?” I need a way to instantly reconnect all 100 or so instrument tracks.

I mean try it with the path of one Instrument (one library). If it works, so it die all others

I don’t understand. We know PLAY instruments do load if I create them manually. I’m not sure what you’re suggesting in getting the template to automatically fix the path for all of its dead PLAY instruments tracks?

If you create it manually, Play loads the library from the path which is defined.

In the project, it probably try to load the library from the path, which is stored in the project.

So, how would I change the library path within the project template automatically, not manually? This is my question that has yet to be answered.

You cant, its to do with the vsti its self, Cubase is only a container for that VSTI.

In PLAY you would have to set it to look at a different default directory where all its samples are on the new machine.

(I presume you’ve moved your ILock to the new machine?)

When you first loaded a project for kontakt if the directory path was wrong it would have asked you what to do if it could not find its samples and remembered the answer for the future.

The PLAY engine may not have this ability but if it does from memory you have to set it from the favourites menu in play on the new machine.
I think you have to do it for each library.

Either way this is a PLAY engine problem not a Steinberg one

Hippo

I still don’t understand. I need to get my computer to automatically change where it looks for these PLAY libraries, if that would solve this issue.

On the machine where the project template was made, the libraries were stored both on an internal SSD and on an external hard drive. I then copied all the libraries to one external hard drive for use on my laptop. When I open the project template on my laptop, all the created PLAY tracks have this weird instrument name in the inspector and, again, show the No Parameters Available window upon opening the instrument window. That is the issue, and I need to know how to resolve it.

Hi,

How was the Play installed on the laptop? Where was the library installed (on laptop)?

PLAY simply downloaded and installed from their website onto laptop. All library files were all transferred from original computer/hard drive to a new external hard drive, which is connected to laptop.

Hi,

I would say the problem is the library was copied, not installed. Then the library cannot be found.

Yep this is a problem with the play Engine system NOT Cubase

It needs to be installed not copied and that includes the samples libraries.

Hippo

Really? Even though they load fine outside of Cubase (i.e, in Logic or just standalone in the PLAY app?)

How would I then go about installing the libraries? Most just came on a hard drive from East West, which I copied over to another drive long ago and they’ve been working fine there.

First copying the library is fine, but PLAY needs to know where the files are. Can you create an vsti track with Play, not using a template, does it find the library ?

Yes.
It’s only PLAY tracks from the template - that were created on another computer - that have problems. Kontakt tracks in the template are fine. I can make a new PLAY track anywhere in Cubase, and it will load fine.

Sorry not a Mac user, on Windows I would make a symbolic link.
In other words, a way to make PLAY see the same path to the samples, even if they physically are in a different place.

It must be the way PLAY handles sample loading, you could see if there is an update for PLAY…

On Mac, these are aliases. You could do the same.