VST's stop working permanently, when track is selected Cubase 11.0.40 Build 446

VST’s go dead when I select a VST track.
Whatever is playing, immediately goes silent and stays that way until I reload the composition. Sometimes the midi controller will play and the keys will move, but no output, other times it simply is silent. I can try the mouse to depress the keys, something I do all the time. Same difference… Now during playback or pause, I can click on individual components of a track and nothing adverse occurs, but the second I select/highlight (on the left) a track channel, it goes silent. I have confirmed it thru multiple tracks. I just tested the tracks with 10.5 and all is good. I’ve got company arriving on Wednesday and I was hoping to do some tracking. I think I’ll be okay as long as non of it involves VST’s, but bummer. Really. I had some projects in mind using virtual instruments as well.

Intel i7, 16 G Ram,
Windows 10 Pro (64). Version 20H2 Installed 3/25/2021, OS Build 1902.1237,
Scarlett 18i20 and Octo Pre, all SSD Drives.

SOLVED!!! Please note that I found the problem. It was because I added and enabled a generic midi looping software. Either I have implemented it incorrectly (to use with my streamdeck XL), or there is some strange incompatibility. This is sad, because the patch and template worked beautifully. Needless to say, I’ll avoid using and enabling it when VST instruments are involved until I determine what went wrong.

1 Like