W9: Global KB-shortcuts?

Am I overlooking something or has “global KB-shortcuts” not been implemented in W9 (yet) ?

1 example:
When I navigate to a marker by means of my KB-shortcut : or " , the ruler jumps to the previous or next marker, as expected. But when I rename a certain marker in the MARKERS-tab, and after that, want to navigate again to a previous or next marker, WAVELAB9 doesn’t respond…it only responds as expected when I first click in the timeline of the Audio-editor window…

I hope I’ve been overlooking something?
Niek/ Amsterdam.

This could depend on the shortcut. If the marker list has the focus, and your navigation shortcut has a key that is trapped by the marker list, then the shortcut won’t work. Then the solution is to click anywhere in the file view, remove the focus from the list. There used to be a shortcut to do this, but I realize this was forgotten in WaveLab 9 (I will reintroduce it for 9.0.20).
This being said, pressing F5 twice will currently do the job.

Thanks Philippe,
now I’ve got this workaround I’ll find my way, but are you saying ( This could depend on the shortcut. If the marker list has the focus, and your navigation shortcut has a key that is trapped by the marker list, then the shortcut won’t work ) that there are actually shortcuts which are not window-focus-dependent?
What do you recommend in this particular “issue”?

Thanks again.
Niek/ Amsterdam

This is an interesting topic.

I have keyboard shortcuts to make (for example) the clips window appear, yet I still have to click inside the window if I want to type in a new name or a location for the clip end, etc. As some other examples, this is also true if I want to have the CD tab, or markers tab appear. Of course this makes a keyboard shortcut totally pointless if one still has to click inside a window to make it actually be the focus.

So is this the sort of thing that’s going to be fixed in 9.0.20?

@TheRealMister: thanks for pointing out these small things. Yes, this should be fixed in 9.0.20.

Awesome PG. Thanks very much!