WabeLab 10.0.50 visual glitches on high DPI screen

Hi.

Just updated my WaveLab to 10.0.50, and realized that it shows a lot of visual glitches on my screen. I use a Dpi scaling of 125%. Running on Windows 10 Pro 20H2. You can look at the attached image files (zipped), or at this video I just recorded: - YouTube

Is anyone experiencing the same problem?
wavelab_glitches.zip (1.7 MB)

Some will be improved in 10.0.60, but I don’t recommend 125% nor 175%
Better use 100, 150 or 200.

I downgraded my WaveLab to 10.0.40 to see if the problem goes away, and indeed it does. Recorded a video, similar to the first one, but with the old (reinstalled) version: - YouTube

So this clearly is a regression.

WaveLab 10.0.40 does not take into account intermediate scaling, which means the WaveLab windows appear either too big or too small.
If you prefer the 10.0.40 way, you can add this line to Startup.ini

vhdpi=false

Hm, I’m on 125 too (which is perfect for my setup (3840x2160), 150 is too big), and haven’t noticed anything odd. Otoh, I’ve only used .50 for a couple of days, so now I have to check :slight_smile: That aside, in future updates, could supporting “intermediate” scalings be considered?

Cheers,
j,

Checked: The about dialog is the same (blurry font), but the rest is ok here. Perhaps a silly question, but have you ticked “Use HiDPI” in preferences?

j,

@Transistor, yes, “Use HiDPI” is checked. I tried unchecking it, and everything became blurry then. Tried also updating my graphics drivers (Intel & NVidia, they were not at latest versions), but it made no difference.

Philippe, thanks for the suggestion. I will try that. Actually I prefer the 10.0.40 appearance!

could supporting “intermediate” scalings be considered?

It is supported but there can be small glitches here and there, because of rounding errors.
Eg. 125% of 10 pixels should be 12 or 13? There are fewer problems with 150% and none with 100 and 200%

The about dialog is the same (blurry font)

This will be solved in 10.0.60, as well as some blurry icons here and there.