Warp Markers / Drum Editing

Hello!

I just started using Cubase a few weeks ago. I come from Logic and am very content about my choice to use Cubase. Editing makes so much sense and even fun now.

But, I still have some questions:

1. I was tracking drums in Cubase recently. I have up to 20 lanes of recorded takes, it’s multimiced with like 20 tracks and my workflow is: comping and then quantizing for some of the songs. So far so good. I prefer quantizing with elastique pro over Slicing, as it feels more flexible, works very fast and even sounds better.

But:
Is there any way to drag a single hit a little earlier / later like in Logics Flex Time / Pro Tools? I tried dragging in the Sample Editor, but this is only working for the chosen track. I even like to keep the comps/lane structure intact, so I can switch to another take later on while having the rest of the comp already quantized.

1. I tried to activate VST Bridge. Where can I find it? I have quite a few 32 bit Plugins I use every now and then, but I seriously can’t figure out where this bit is hidden inside Cubase.

I use Cubase 7.5.10.

Thanks!

Cheers

I prefer quantizing with elastique pro over Slicing, as it feels more flexible, works very fast and even sounds better

If timing isn’t important then yes it sounds great, if timing matters then it currently sucks.

Is there any way to drag a single hit a little earlier / later like in Logics Flex Time / Pro Tools?

No…another reason to stick with slicing which can sound very good with some practise and probably you’ll find with very short xfades.

1. I tried to activate VST Bridge. Where can I find it? I have quite a few 32 bit Plugins I use every now and then, but I seriously can’t figure out where this bit is hidden inside Cubase.

You don’t need to figure out where it is or activate it…just point Cubase at your x86 plugs and it will try to bridge them…It just might work perfectly depending what plugs you’re bridging but if not you might want to take a look at Jbridge.

Thanks for your help and pointing that Elastique issue out. I just quantized multitrack drums with Elastique, bounced it and listened to it. I’m not going to add any midi triggers to my drum tracks, so it’s probably not concerning me so far - I couldn’t hear the timing being off at least. And even if there was, I tried slicing and I felt it sounded worse, but yeah, it had a bit more pressure I must admit, probably because phase stays totally correct. Still, I like a fast workflow, so I’m probably going to stick to Elastique. Thanks to Track Versions I can still try things out.

The thing with the Warp Markers bugs me though. Is there a common workaround besides slicing to drag a hit?

VST Bridge: where can I point Cubase to my x86 plugs? They are all in my VST System Folder, I honestly don’t see where do this. I got JBridge already, as I’m using it with Ableton Live, but I thought I’d have a look at Steinbergs Bridge, because the Logic one was working quite well for me.

VST Bridge: where can I point Cubase to my x86 plugs? They are all in my VST System Folder, I honestly don’t see where do this.

Open vstplugin information, vst2 plugin paths tab and add the path to the folder the 32bit plugs are in (which ought to be separate from any 64bit plugs to avoid confusion).
I can’t make any suggestion as to where that is or should be on your system as I’m not a Mac user and I’m assuming you are as you said you came from Logic?..& on that note, if you add your system details as your forum signature it helps others to help you.

Thank you, I did that.
Well, my Plug-Ins Folder is 64bit mixed with 32bit - that was working with Ableton though. Anyway, I’m probably just gonna use JBridge.

Another happenstance: I noticed that elastique reacts different from song to song. With one I got totally phasey and unusable results. Thing is: I tried to slice the group - got all tracks aligned in a Folder, but it only slices up like the first two tracks. When I quantize with Audiowarp activated, it does all of the tracks. Weird. Any ideas?