Wat is Dorico?

Hello beste muzikanten,
Kan iemand me uitleggen wat Dorico precies is en hoe dit programma werkt?
Of zijn er hier ook mensen die verstand hebben en mij kunnen uitleggen, hoe de muziekblokken die in cubase elements 10,5 verschijnen precies werken en in muziek notatie kunnen worden omgezet? Ik heb Cubase Elements 10,5 Retail gekocht en ik weet niet hoe ik deze muzieknoten blokken kan gebruiken om er muzieknoten schrift mee weer te geven.
Graag uw reactie op mijn vraag en bij voorbaat bedankt .
Gilbert

1 Like

Export XML notation from Cubase’s Score panel and then import it into Dorico to produce more finely crafted notation.

via Google Translate:

Exportieren Sie die XML-Notation aus dem Score-Bereich von Cubase und importieren Sie sie dann in Dorico, um eine feinere Notation zu erstellen.

Dorico is een muzieknotatie programma waarmee je gedrukte bladmuziek kunt maken. Net als bijvoorbeeld met Sibelius. Met blokken in cubase, bedoel je regions? Dat is hoe ingespeelde muziek in een DAW eruitziet.

Isn’t the original post in Dutch, not German?

2 Likes

European …

1 Like

Ha Gilberto,

Er is een Dorico versie die je gratis kunt gebruiken, Dorico SE. Ik geloof zelfs, dat je een beperkte periode de meest uitgebreide versie kunt uitproberen. Na die periode verandert hij in Dorico SE met een heel aantal beperkingen. Er zijn ook veel instructie filmpjes op Youtube, die je helpen wegwijs te worden in het programma. Succes (and yes, this is Dutch :slightly_smiling_face:)

Next time I’ll just respond in English and let everyone else do their own translating. :roll_eyes:

1 Like

Dutch is the language spoken in the Netherlands.
German “Deutsch” is the language spoken in Germany, Austria and parts of Switzerland.

getting closer. If you say German is written then that might be less controversial. Few north Germans understand a word of Schwizerdütsch (Swiss German) or even Swabian where I currently reside. I could go on and on and get ever more pedantic. But this is a music forum… :confused:

Swabian and SwitzerdĂĽtsch have nothing in common with Dutch* - have a good time in Stuttgart. That dialect is music to my ear :slight_smile:

*The Dutch, being a great shipping and trading nation were the founders of New York:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/New_Amsterdam

curiously, one of the first times I heard Switzerdütsch, I though it was Dutch! I was not popular… At least I can nowadays mostly tell the difference between Dutch and Flemish which is progress.

My family is from the Netherlands. I am quite familiar that the languages are different. That I plugged the Gilbert’s post into Google Translate without noting the language in an effort to help is poor justification for hijacking the thread for virtue signalling. If Gilbert hasn’t complained, I do not see the need for others to worry so.

There are Flemish dialects that are hard to follow for a Hollander (Northerner) like me, but they’re nevertheless also Dutch.
What struck me on occasion, is how much Dutch and Danish, while being not mutually intelligible mostly, share some intonation and, let’s say, a certain sloppiness in articulation (all valid parts of the language of course), like sounds being omitted, lots of reduced vowels etc. If I hear e.g. Danish radio or TV on low volume, I’m sometimes confused to think it’s actually Dutch, and I only need to turn up the volume a bit, in order to understand them better.

Ondertussen hoop ik dat @gilberto72 iets wijzer geworden is. Als je nog vragen hebt, stel ze hier gerust. Zoals je ziet zijn er best Nederlandssprekenden hier, en Google Translate doet het ook prima. Bedenk wel dat dit niet het Cubase forum is, al zullen er best een hoop Dorico-gebruikers zijn die ook iets van Cubase weten (maar ikzelf nauwelijks, om eerlijk te zijn).

1 Like

I’m always surprised by the similarity between Romanian and Italian. I can actually understand Romanian TV somewhat. (But I digress.)

Danish is uncharitably referred to by the Swedes as a “halssjukdom”. Perhaps one might also say the same of Dutch :grin:… But the Danes swallow their words more. My Swedish mother can’t understand Danish though I, as a Scot, do better having lived there a while.

As for Romanian v Italian, I hear identifiable words (most of all the construction workers around here are Romanian) but as my spoken Italian is mostly limited to musical terms and a few pleasantries, it doesn’t help that much. Now how about Romansh? That’s a delightful mixture of Italian and Swabian. For instance hello is allegra (OK, not quite allegro) and goodbye is Ade

But enough, I think.

1 Like