Wave Display missing, Event duplication problem

Hi All,
Hope you are well.
I’ve just updated to Nuendo 12 and on advice of the facebook group am reporting my bug findings here. I have so far found 2.

1. When double clicking on an audio file, the waveform does not display in the edit window and what appears to be an empty waveform appears in its place. Sometimes if i zoom in and out again it comes back but not all the time.

2. When duplicating an audio region, if i delete one of them around the middle of the sequence the audio stops playing throughout.

I hope that will help.

Thanks,

Dee

FYI im on a 2019 MacBook Pro, 2.4 GHz 8-Core Intel Core i9, OSX Big Sur, 32 GB 2400 MHz DDR4, Intel UHD Graphics 630 1536 MB, UA Apollo Solo Audio Interface.

• Audio Alignment Panel - When selecting a multiple number of regions (more that a specific number I haven’t found out yet), when launching the process, Nuendo crashed and close.

• 3rd Order Group track downmix to Binaural or Stereo - Click on the panner, the VST Ambidecoder will appear. When clicking on “Use Stereo Speaker mode” Speaker button, Nuendo crashes and close.

These kinds of problems are mostly related to some systems, your system spec would be valid information.

Do you mean when double-clicking an audio event in the project window?
If so, this doesn’t happen on my system, at least at the moment.
What happens sometimes is that the clicked waveform is not centred in the window, so I have to scroll…

Hi @Dee_Faith_Edney ,
About this one:
“When double clicking on an audio file, the waveform does not display in the edit window and what appears to be an empty waveform appears in its place. Sometimes if i zoom in and out again it comes back but not all the time.”

Did you try deleting the “Images” folder in your project (when the project is not loaded), and reopening the project to force Nuendo to re-build those waveforms again in N12 instead of the ones generated using an older version of Nuendo?

The other issue is not really clear to me, it would make perfect sense (expected behavior) if those two events are actually the same one, but I can’t see how this can happen when you duplicate correctly as a new event.
You should post a complete repro for this one, every single step you do, so we can try and achieve the same outcome on every computer.

Ahh okay @Dee_Faith_Edney , I can see the problem with the first issue when double-clicking an event.
Fix:
When you double-clicking and don’t see the part you wish to work on in focus, hit the ‘F’ hotkey (Auto Scroll No/Off) to enable it. This should snap the cursor to the correct position.

MacBook Pro 2019, 2.3 GHz 8-Core Intel Core i9, 16 GB 2400 MHz DDR4, MacOS Monterey.