Waveforms not drawn correctly since 6.5 update

Since I updated to 6.5 I experienced waveforms sometimes not drawn at all (while ON inthe prefs) randomly, sometimes recalling the prefs hepled, sometimes not, on my desktop computer at the studio today for the first time.

Today on my desktop computer at the studio I had also waveforms drawn totaly out of place, wrong lengt, very very strange, never ever had this before. Frightening…

Deleting the corresponding image files in the project map, and restarting cubase, not the computer, solved the issue on my desktop, so the files were recreated correctly after a restart of cubase…But the issue reaccured several times…bummer.

I am now (tonight) recording a very simple but importand 6 track liveshow on location on my laptop, and I experienced exactly the same issues that I had on my desktop this morning, (no waveforms created during recording while ON in the prefs) on ALL channels on my laptop for the first time. Since I realy want to see the waveforms during the recording this was an unpleasant surprise to say the least.

Stopping the recording and restarting Cubase , reloading the start-file (during the liveshow, I missed the first minute) solved the issue, it has not reaccured tonight (I recorded two runs from the same startfile without restarting cubase using “backup project” without the audio to create a fresh file for the 2nd run…

But the strange thing is: I updated from 6.03 to 6.5 on both computers more than a week ago and have been working on my desktop every day on different projects without problems before today…

So after the update I successfully used both my desktop AND my Laptop with the corresponding (= totaly different) files on both computers for several days (So files used on my laptop were NOT used on my desktop and vice versa)…I don’t get it.

The files on my laptop were freshly created 120612 with 6.5, the files on my desktop were created with 6.0 or later versions much earlier.

I would be very interested to know if there is a way to “refresh” possibly corrupt projects (by track export? Can you export group and fx settings too? How about channel routing to group and fx busses? And how about virtual instrument tracks?) In other words; is there a way to exactly “rebuild” a suspicious file in a new, empty project and will this help?

Anyway, I would be delighted to hear WHAT prefs to delete exactly to solve these problems, because deleting all prefs is NOT an option at the moment. I have absolutely NO time to sort this out or to re-install backups. I want to get some sleep tonight…

So, anyone?

Tomorrow I’m going to record the liveshow also in another way to be shure…Can’t have this…I was spared this kind of strange problems until now. Very disappointed and puzzled…