Wavelab 10.05 Master Section Presets

After my pc updated to the current version of Windows 10, I had to install Wavelab 10. I noticed a serious issue with the master section. I like to save my master section plug- ins in separate session folders within the master section folder. This feature doesn’t work now. I pulled in my saved master sections from 9.5 and I get locked out of using Wavelab as soon as use “save preset as” . I need to hit the ESC key to get free again.
My only work around is to create a blank preset put it in a newly named folder then rename the preset to the track I am working on. I do this through the Windows not through wavelab because the save as locks me up.
Why is this happening? any fix for this?
I tried to redo the presets from a help ticket from Yamaha but once I add a new folder to the master section folder it locks me up again.
best,
Gene Grimaldi
Oasis Mastering

Hi

I also use the master section presets in essentially the same way as you.

I am also on Windows 10 current build. I have not experienced this issue.

To understand better, you selected to organize presets in the master section and then navigated to the old 9.5 master presets folder … copied those and pasted them to the new 10 master presets folder. Correct?

And selecting one of the copied presets from the 10 folder causes lock up.

If you create a new folder in the presets using explorer … you are not able to save as through the WL dialog … as this causes a lock up as well?

If it does, it’s suggesting a ‘permissions’ issue. WL attempts to save the preset but is being ‘blocked’. and ‘locks up’ waiting for a system response.

If you haven’t already done so, maybe check the permissions on the WL10 master section presets folder.

Are you running a third party internet security program? Maybe check that it is not being too zealous. I ran into issues with 9.5 with a third party security program ransom ware protection module and ended up just relying on the built in Windows protection.

Hi Paul,
Here is an example If I was to drop a folder of saved plugins from an album that did a month ago back in the master section folder (Wavelab 10.05) and I opened the folder using the Master Section. It will open but I can’t use the save as to create a new plug-in save wavelab locks up I need to hit escape to get it working.
I am not using any third party software…

Weird…

Gene Grimaldi
Oasis Mastering
4109 W. Burbank Blvd
Burbank, CA 91505
818-567-0500
www.oasismastering.com
gene@oasismastering.com

OK Indeed that is ‘weird’.

I have just tried to reproduce this a couple of ways without success … it just seems to ‘work’ including overwriting an existing preset.

I’ll continue to give it some thought but in the meantime PG might chime in with some idea.

Hey Paul I just figured something out that’s buggy. It took 6 attempts of clicking on the save as tab until the preset dialogue box allowed me to save the preset.
It worked as a test. But I have to keep attempting by hitting the ESC until it until it finally works.
I am using an ssd hard drive for my “c” drive do you think that has anything to do with it? I always had a spinner drive until I built my new computers.
I use UAD and a couple of other vst plug-ins but I am bare bones.
Thanks for your help
Perhaps we can chat on the phone one day…

Gene Grimaldi
Oasis Mastering
4109 W. Burbank Blvd
Burbank, CA 91505
818-567-0500
www.oasismastering.com
gene@oasismastering.com

It seems to be working as long as I click the “save as” selection and hold it for a second or so… I can’t seem to just click it, I need to click and hold on it longer than usual.

It’s a weird glitch…

Gene Grimaldi
Oasis Mastering
4109 W. Burbank Blvd
Burbank, CA 91505
818-567-0500
www.oasismastering.com
gene@oasismastering.com

That is indeed unusual …

I would not expect that the SSD would be a contributor gremlin. My big machine is configured with a SSD as the system C drive with the projects living on a second SSD.

The only unusual SSD thing I have observed is that I have an external SSD running of a USB3 connection that I back up in progress work to. I have noticed some weirdness where that can take a moment to ‘wake up’ … meaning it can hang for a moment when I’m renaming a folder or something. That’s a Samsung drive.

With the plugins … again like you I’m pretty sparse but I don’t have the UAD setup. Maybe try saving an empty master section as a preset and see if that does anything different. At least it would eliminate the UAD

I’m in far away Australia but I see you’re on Instagram so that’s an option.