WaveLab 10.10 STILL refuses to see or load saved Master Section presets

Hi PG,

I’m still having a serious issue which completely prevents me from using WL 10.10. This issue is NOT present in WL 9.5.

I save a Master section preset and it’s accompanying .vs file appears in the same folder along with the original audio track i’m using, that part is going as expected. However if i close the file or shut down WaveLab and then try and reload the saved .vs Master Section preset, the option to load it is grayed out, as if the file never existed in the first place! I check the original audio’s folder and sure enough, there is the .vs file, but Wavelab 10.10 just refuses to see it.

Any way to fix this? Again, I have never had this problem before and everything is working flawlessly under WL 9.5, which i’m currently using even after having paid for 10.10 which i cannot use until this bug is fixed.

Many thanks for your help!

Cheers - Drew

I can’t reproduce this problem. It works here.
Do you have the setting as such?:
2019-12-09_23-32-49.png

Yes, set exactly the same.

What’s baffling me the most is why this is happening in WL10 and not WL9…

Any ideas? Uninstall and reinstall? I literally cannot use WL10 without the use of this function!

Thanks - DL

Reinstalling by itself should not help.
Try erasing this preference file:
\WaveLab Pro 10.0\Preferences\General.dat
If this does not work, erase the root folder. But backup first your presets, located in the “Presets” subfolder.

Thanks for the suggestion PG, can you please tell me exactly where this would be located on a Mac?

Cheers - DL

/Users/YourName/Library/Preferences/WaveLab Pro 10.0/

I tried it PG and here’s what happens:

If I save a master section preset and keep the audio file i’m using open in WL10 prior to quitting and restarting WL10, it will restore the .vs file Master Section preset as expected.

However if i CLOSE the file before quitting and restarting WL10 it dissociates the .vs and doesn’t see any master section preset to load at all…

So we’re getting there, but i cannot risk losing my work if i need to close a file! Any further ideas?

I really appreciate your help - DL

However if i CLOSE the file before quitting and restarting WL10 it dissociates the .vs and doesn’t see any master section preset to load at all…

Do you mean the menu option remain disabled, or loading the preset has no effect?

The menu option is totally grayed out, however the .vs file is still in the original location in the same folder with the original audio file…it just wont see it, thus it is grayed out in WL10.

I spent some time on the case, but without being able to produce the problem.
If you can, create a simple video of what you do, and email it to me. Maybe I can understand better then.

Thanks PG, will do.

What is your email address?

sent in PM