Wavelab 10 audio montage issue?

Hi @PG1 ,

Have you managed to reproduce this issue?

BR,
Peter

I tried today.
But on your setting picture, you don’t use the Stagger option, but the stack option.
Anyway, either with the Stagger or Stack options, I get the correct result.
Please double check you are using WaveLab 11.0.10

Philippe

Hi @PG1 ,

Maybe I misunderstood something, please help me. Selecting the Stagger option, I get this one:

What I would like to get automatically would be this one:

Have you managed to get this arrangement? If yes, I definitely do something wrong…

I have checked the version of Wavelab 11, it’s 11.0.10

I think PG thought you were still getting the very scrambled result from the image posted back on March 10 which was definitely a rare bug.

The first image in your recent post is correct with the clips staggered between two tracks.

I don’t know a way to get the stair stepped layout in your second image automatically.

I know it’s a common layout for those trying to do mastering in a non mastering DAW (Cubase, Pro Tools, etc.) but to be honest, I think it’s a pretty inefficient layout because you lose a lot of screen real estate and thanks to Clip FX in the Audio Montage, there is really no need to put each Clip on it’s own track in just about any scenario I can think of.

Clip FX allow you to do the same thing but using just one or two tracks with is more efficient visually and in some cases CPU-wise.

Maybe you can make a case for PG to add a new option that stair steps it on new tracks but I can’t see the value in this layout.

This is right for… WaveLab 10.
But I agree there is some justification to have it in WaveLab 11, for the following reasons:

• Because of lanes, it would be possible to manage several takes of a song (on a single track)
  • Because WaveLab 11 has the new Title Navigator feature to precisely navigate through this kind of layout
  • Because WaveLab 11 has Track plugin processing optimization that auto-mute CPU consumption on silent parts of tracks.

And because it’s actually easy to add this option, I will add it for WaveLab 11.0.20 :wink:

2 Likes

Wow, good news, thank you Philippe!