Wavelab 10 manual / live input stream recording help

very very nice to finally see the ability to record through plug-ins in the master section… but when i turn on the Live Input Rendering i get a feedback loop… despite “audio monitoring” being OFF in the record dialogue box.

is there a quick tutorial on how to get this feature working… or a manual available yet?

thanks
taylor

The new “Live Input” option on the Master Section, is fully independent from the record dialog. Don’t try to use both in the same time.
Do you have the same feedback loop in the Record dialog alone?

no, no feedback loop when i just record regularly…

so, you don’t use the record dialog box / CMD-R function when doing the live input thing?

Same here, getting the feedback loop with the new live input.

No feedback loop when using record mode.

getting the feedback loop with the new live input

How exactly this happens?

With the new live input, don’t open the record dialog. To record, use the Render button.

Philippe

Background audio is running, as soon as I press the new live input icon (the mic), the feedback loop starts immediately. I don´t use the record function at all.

feedback loop starts immediately

Strange.

Check if some monitoring option is activated on you audio device.

Try other audio input.

Im having trouble understanding this. When I follow the instructions. I set up a record bus, i put my fx on the master bus. I can monitor my incoming signal through the master chain and everything is sounding great. But, as soon as I press the Render button in the Live input rendering dialogue, it bypasses my master fx completely. This makes the whole process a waste of time. I know some people prefer to do an analogue pass then a render pass. I would prefer to just record my fx straight away. It seems to me that there should be a « live input FX » option in the inspector tab for the track. That way you just apply your fx pre recording. It would save me hours per day of rerendering, re listening to my 2nd renders. Is there something I am missing? It seems like such a great idea until I try to execute it then things just fall flat.

Are you doing this?

Hey PG,

Yes I’m doing exactly that and as soon as I press the render button in that window the master chain just disappears from the rending (and the monitoring)

Do you mean, the plugins inserted in the Master Section?
What are these plugins?
Are you using WaveLab 11.1.20 ?

Hey PG,

I have izotope Ozone inserted on the master section.

I am running a 11.1.20 - Apple silicon mode

My capture track is set to 24bit 192k.

Any help is much appreciated.

Thanks,

Z

Can you try with another plugin than Ozone, a Steinberg one, for the sake of testing.

Or with Ozone but with an input of 44.1 kHz, for the sake of testing.

Hey PG, here is a video that describes my problem. For some reason I cannot upload tkt he forum or post a link.

However I did the tests at 44.1 and got the same result.

When I press render in the live input recording dialogue there is a pop and the master chain disappears from the monitoring.

What popup? Any picture?
A video would be helpful, I don’t see what’s wrong with your pictures.

Sorry for the late reply, I am currently trying to convert a file so that I can upload to the forum but I’m having trouble.