Wavelab 11 montage scroll view play cursor weirdness

I was not able to do something, because I must say I don’t understand the problem in the first place. Even with your last videos.
To proceed on this, I would need to know (maybe with your video) the exact time of each event (which key pressed, when), and what exactly you get in WaveLab 9.5 that you don’t get in WaveLab 11.
Like a list:
00:00:00.000 I press play with Return
00:00.00.450 ms I click
etc…

updated PG, I’ve edited them below the videos
Play audio range settings are all on “Time Selection”
WL10 & 11 have “Play from Start of Selection” off (unchecked), 9.5 doesn’t have that option

don’t normally let go of the left mouse click until the edit is made so the highlighted section can be adjusted at any point forward or back for any upcoming (or missed) errors

In WaveLab 10/11, when you do a selection, WaveLab assumes you want to monitor it, hence the next restart position is the start of the selected range. Is that what bothers you?
Please consider the “Play From Anchor” function, which is F7 shortcut. Here you can set exactly where you want to start. Did you consider this?

Post edited I’ll test it out, is there any way to swap the hardwired “play” spacebar to allow me to have “play from anchor” as the spacebar shortcut?

No, but maybe that would be worth adding such an option.
BTW, do understand the difference, if “Auto Select Anchor” is On or Off.

thank you PG,
I’ve set the settings how I think I need and pressing play from anchor (mapped to return/enter key shortcut) and I think it is behaving how i want it to, will keep testing it

for sure it would be extremely useful to be able to map the spacebar as the default play from anchor shortcut :+1:

I will add this for WaveLab 11.0.20

1 Like

Hi PG, thanks for adding the option to use space for play from anchor in 11.0.20, unfortunately it still currently won’t allow the spacebar to be used as a keystroke as the standard play is still hardwired (and greyed out) so won’t let it be exchanged

Just tried it and it works. You have to use the following options (as an example, with markers). In which case, when you press the Space Bar, it is the “Start from Anchor” command that is executed in priority.

oh I went in and tried it as a configurable key, that is awesome, absolutely brilliant thanks PG

Space bar is a special key in WaveLab, and needs special handling. Hence this dedicated option.

1 Like