WaveLab 11/12 on high-resolution (4K 5K 8K high-dpi HiDPI) monitors

After posting a similar request in January 2021 in WaveLab, Plugins and HiDPI on Windows, I have just seen this new conversation and completely agree that HiPDPI support in WaveLab should be looked at again to get the support for HiDPI and the handling of plugin scaling up to at least the same level as Cubase now has.

Given HiDPI support was first added to WaveLab in 9.5, and we have pretty much the same limitations as originally listed for 9.5 in WaveLab 11, surely the work done in Cubase to get the HiDPI support much more reliable and consistent for plugins can be shared with the WaveLab team to help address this issue?

I also must admit that I was frankly shocked by some of the “4K is bleeding edge and not needed” and “just use 1080p” by some comments here, which came over quite agressively. As explained many times by the author and others, 4K is absolutely well-established technology which is used widely, and there are plenty of DAWs out there on Windows that cope perfectly well with HiDPI monitors with operating system scaling.

1 Like