WaveLab 11 Pro on Catalina - not rendering issue

Hi folks. Serious bug here: WaveLab 11 Pro on MacOS 10.15.7, Render button in the Audio Editor window (Render tab) not rendering any plugin whatever option I set - In place, Unnamed File or Named File. On the contrary, ‘Render in Place’ from the Master Section floating window does work. Steinberg, please fix.

Edit: I’ve found that ‘Render in Place’ works if one right-clicks the Render button located at the bottom of the Master Section. However, after rendering is done, the Master Section does not become automatically bypassed.

you sure you haven’t got "bypass master section "enabled?

Also. I’ve encounter some plugins that do not render even though they work on playback. Does this happen with any plugin you try? Or could it be a buggy plugin causing this to happen?

Yes, I’m sure.

It happens with all the plugins I have tried: by Waves, Fabfilter, u-he, Soundtheory, Steinberg itself – all of them in their latest versions.

Hmm, I do this kind of stuff quite often, without any trouble. There must be a specific thing in your case.
But what happens exactly? a file is created and no process is applied? Or no file is created at all?
Can you try first, without any plugin?

A file is created and no process is applied.
Without any plugin, the file is regularly created.

If you don’t use any plugin and lower a bit the Master Section faders, do you see the level change applied?

No plugin and Master Section faders lowered: no level change when rendering!
On the contrary, level change is correctly applied when Rendering in Place by right-clicking the Render button located at the bottom of the Master Section.

This means, the whole Master Section is skipped in the audio chain.
This must mean the “skip Master Section” option must be ON and hidden somewhere.
I recommend you to quit WaveLab, and erase the file:
\Steinberg\WaveLab Pro 11\Preferences\General.dat

That should solve your problem.

1 Like

Thank you for helping and for your advice. However I don’t find that path and that file. Maybe it’s for a Windows system? I’m on MacOS.

This file must exist. The exact location:
/Users/YourName/Library/Preferences/WaveLab Pro 11/Steinberg/WaveLab Pro 11/Preferences/General.dat

But all OSX files must be visible (cf. Show hidden files and folders on a Mac – Here’s how it’s done! - IONOS)

1 Like

It has worked like a charm! Thank you very much, PG1.

P.S. To help anyone with the same issue, the actual path to the General.dat file on my MacOS Catalina is a bit shorter: /Users/YourName/Library/Preferences/WaveLab Pro 11/Preferences/General.dat

1 Like