WaveLab 12 Cross Comparison Specific Details Requested

I have WL Elements 11.2. A well detailed upgrade list is offered to v.12 however I can’t make a quick and simple determination as to the feature improvements for WLE. So far, I see the new plugins are Pro only. Can Steinberg make a chart outlining the new features just for WL Elements?

1 Like

Yep, I was looking for that too, I guess I’ll stay with 11.2. All I’ve seen is people finding which new features aren’t included after paying.

1 Like

Also, on this page, you can see labels such as:

You seem to be missing the point, on any software release customers want a list of what’s new, where is the list of ‘what’s new in WaveLab Elements 12’ what you have shown is the equivalent of an Easter egg hunt and an afterthought. Even just an asterisk on what’s new in WE12 on the comparison page would be something. That is what every Elements user is looking for when they visit your site.

2 Likes

I agree that these pages are not perfect (in particular, ARA does not appear anywhere in the comparison chart, which seems a strange omission), but surely you can get a good idea by reading the “What is New” page and ignoring any feature that does not have the Elements lozenge against it.

The trial version will be available in a few weeks, assuming Steinberg’s normal post-release policies are followed.

3 Likes

Then see this:

and for pro

3 Likes

That’s better, but why is it hidden away? I actually think that the comparison table is the ideal place to work in this info which may even convert some Elements to Pro users.

Ok, the asio driver is worth upgrading for, that solves a painful problem.

As an aside/slightly off topic I’ve used Soundforge as my primary editor since the sonic foundry era and I have Wavelab because there isn’t a MAC version & I’m more MAC based these days, but still go back to SF on windows/parallels for any serious editing. The main reason I haven’t upgraded to WaveLab Pro is because the working method in Soundforge ie options & shortcuts can’t be fully replicated. I’ve never really understood why there isn’t a ‘use soundforge layout’ in preferences seeing as it is really the only real competition, there must be many of us out there who still use SF for this reason. Presonus embrace this idea with profiles for other DAW users, it seems like a No Brainer for all software to do this to tempt people away from the competition & make the transition less painless.

3 Likes

Thanks, that’s useful as a detailed source although a side by side quick comparison with Pro on the main webpage would be ideal.

1 Like

Yes?

regards S-EH

No, the point is the NEW features, that just compares the different versions which is fine for new buyers, we are talking about existing Elements owners interested in upgrading to elements 12. ‘What’s new in Wavelab Elements 12’

1 Like
1 Like