WaveLab 7.2 Plugin Directory

I would like to make a recommendation for an improvement in how 7.2 handles plugins.
In cases of a side-by-side installation of 32 and 64bit versions, it would be better if the additional VST plugin directory was able to be specified separate for each installation. Alternative, a collection of paths could be provided by the user (so that both 32 and 64 bit VST paths could be specified).

–Stefanos

Good suggestion. Noted.

You mean - we now have two separate versions of Wavelab and do not get the correct installation directories? Everything is piled into one location? That is very disappointing.

The more I read on this update - the more hesitant I am getting about installing it.

VP

There are natural separate directories for 32 bit and 64 bit. What etl17 is asking, is different custom directories for 32 bit and 64 bit.

The “natural” separate plugin directory for all other 64bit apps - including Steinberg Nuendo is

C:\Program Files\Steinberg\VSTPlugins

as opposed to

C:\Program Files (x86)\Steinberg\VSTPlugins

Does 7.2 64bit create the first directory and install it’s plugins to it…or?

VP

WaveLab reads from these directories, if any, but does not create them. WaveLab plugins are stored in some private location.

With the new 7.2 release I moved my 3th party plugins all into the respective default WaveLab Plug-Ins folder
(inside sub-folders by type) since I also installed both x86 and x64 versions side-by-side.
(@Vocalpoint: look for the default plug-in folder inside the WaveLab installations)

I previous used the custom plug-in path, which is now useless in my case,
so indeed it’s a good suggestion by etl17, tho I am OK with above described solution.

Cheers