WaveLAB 8.0.1 unattended setup

On 4th of Jan 2012 I asked about unattended setup for Wavelab 7.2.1 and got the help and adviced needed to create a fully working script for deployment with Microsoft SCCM 2007 (Soft Elicense Issues...Please Help! - Cubase - Steinberg Forums).

Yesterday I started looking into the same thing with the new Wavelab 8 and I could reuse most of the code but have a question about if the gear software is still needed? I see that it’s version 4.20.5 now.

And if I perhaps was missing something else?

This is my installation script as of now. Please note that I commented out the Gear section for now.

/anders

::Add the Stenberg certificate to cert store and install latest eLicenser drivers
certutil -addstore TrustedPublisher “%~dp0Steinberg.cer”
“%~dp0eLicenserControlSetup.exe” /S

::Install Steinberg Upload Manager
msiexec /q /i “%~dp0UploadManager.msi” ALLUSERS=1

::Install Gear CD/DVD Drivers (msi extraxted from Driver_Installer_x86_x64.exe V4.20.5.0)
::msiexec /i “%~dp0{8A9B6AC8-8294-44A7-A061-180A79EAF733}.msi” /q

::Install Wavelab 8.0.1 32-bit
“%~dp0Setup.exe” -s -var:“CreateStartMenuShortcut=1” -var:“CreateShortcutsForAll=1”

::Install Wavelab 8.0.1 64-bit
“%~dp0Setup64.exe” -s -var:“CreateStartMenuShortcut=1” -var:“CreateShortcutsForAll=1”

::Copy Documentation
xcopy “%~dp0Operation_Manual.pdf” "C:\ProgramData\Steinberg" /Y
xcopy “%~dp0Operation Manual.lnk” "C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\WaveLab 8" /Y
xcopy “%~dp0Operation Manual.lnk” "C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\WaveLab 8 (64)" /Y

the gear software is still needed

Yes.
BTW, in your case, you might make good use of the new synchronisation of settings (cf. Options > Global preferences > General)

Philippe

Thanks for the settings options. That will be quite usefull. No more full permission in the program files directory.

/anders