Steinberg today releases WaveLab 8.0.3, a maintenance update for its WaveLab 8 and WaveLab Elements 8 mastering solutions. The new update provides many improvements in areas such as loudness measurement, audio montage, plug-ins, user interface and key commands. The update also adds compatibilty to cocoa-based plug-ins and includes an updated version of Voxengo CurveEQ.
• WaveLab now supports Cocoa-based VST2 plug-ins with reaper extension.
• An updated version of Voxengo Curve EQ is included.
• The “True Peak” setting is now considered for the Loudness Normalizer function.
• All parameters are now saved correctly when the Loudness Normalizer is used in the Batch Processor workspace.
• Switching between several open workspaces no longer leads to effect-buttons not being preserved.
• The “solo-track” now works as in WaveLab 7.
• Exchanging files in the Audio Montage now works correctly.
• The iZotope Ozone plug-in user interface does no longer disappear occasionally.
• Stability problems when applying the replacement function in the “missing plug-ins” dialog have been solved.
• When Peak Master is used as track plug-in within the Audio Montage: no “click” at playback start anymore.
• The number of VST2 and VST3 plug-ins is now displayed correctly in the plug-in settings window.
• All included VST3 plug-ins are now working correctly in a surround montage.
• Changing the UI scale of Voxengo Curve EQ now works without re-starting WaveLab.
• A visibility problem with 32-bit UAD plug-ins after re-opening WaveLab has been solved.
• An issue with custom defined track pauses has been solved.
• The CD text editor now opens correctly at the selected track.
Meta Data/FreeDB/VST Audio Connection
• The “@CD-track” variable is now considered correctly when rendering an Audio Montage.
• FreeDB now receives CD information correctly.
• The “selected speaker configuration” is now chosen when opening VST Audio connection window.
• A mismatch with multiple open DDP files has been solved.
• A problem with encoding an Ogg file has been solved.
• Converting files from dual-mono to stereo format no longer leads to a naming mismatch.
• Batch processing no longer leads to errors in case more than one core is selected for processing
• Batch processing no longer leads to errors in case the option “auto converted files” is applied.
• The stop-record confirmation display now works correctly.
• Switching from “solo” to “discard” in the recording window no longer leads to program instabilities.
• When applying the “Raise selection” option, other envelope points are now deselected correctly.
• Plug-in names are no longer truncated in the master section (OSX 10.9 only).
• The setting path “Common for all users” no works correctly.
• The name-field no longer resets when choosing further options such as “whole montage”.
• An issue with freezing plug-in meters when stopping playback has been resolved.
• The level metering in “true peak” no longer leads to issues.
• The dB-values of volume envelope-points are now displayed correctly.
• The “remaining time” is now displayed correctly even if the background task window is inactive.
Key commands/recent file list
• Pressing CTRL+A now works in file browser to “select all”.
• The playback can now be started by using the “Enter” key (MAC OSX only).
• A defined shortcut for the “record” function now works properly (MAC OSX only).
• The recent file list now contains all entries.