Wavelab 8.03 won't restore last window layout when launched

When I exit WaveLab 8.03, the window layout and files I’m working on are not restored when WaveLab is restarted.
Instead, the window (workspace) layout is defaulting to previous documents (files) audio montage,audio files I worked on.
This occurs each time I exit and restart WaveLab.

Launch WaveLab from the desktop, and hold down Control (or Command on the Mac). A dialog with then open and give you some options.

Thanks Philippe,
I’m aware of the General window layout dialog opening which I have previously set to ( Restore last window layout )
as posted: the window layout and files I’m working on are not restored.Could it be a “stuck” preference file ???
Daniel

It’s like if your preferences were not saved. Can you verify if other preferences are saved/restored or not?

This issue only crops up when I launch wavelab 8.03 32 bit and it will not restore the latest project,it defaults back to a previous montage,in regards to preferences I can’t verify this happening anywhere else in the program.This is happening in Wavelab 8.03 64 bit as well but is not happening when I launch wavelab 7( I have closed the program with different files to see if they reload and they do in wavelab 7 but not in wavelab 8)

Can you verify if other preferences are saved/restored or not?

Verification using global preferences:
In Display tab I changed Overall style from ‘Wavelab’ to ‘Operating System’; dialogue appeared stating, 'this style will be fully applied next time you launch application.I clicked ok, when I relaunched program it did not load my new style preference.Next: General window layout dialogue: I have used restore last window layout and restore last window layout without files option numerous times. Window Layout is currently loading without files even when I click restore last window layout and have closed program again with files in place.From a layman’s perspective it appears corrupt to me, your advice on this matter is highly valued!

This means your preferences are not saved. This means the related folder is write protected for some reason.
Are you on Mac or Windows?

Windows 7 home premium 64 bit

Verify if this folder is really writable:
C:\Users[UserName]\AppData\Roaming\Steinberg\WaveLab 8\

I followed the path and found the wavelab 8 folder properties: General tab: Attributes: was checked in box (read only) I cleared box, applied setting and rebooted computer ( see attachment A below)
I opened wavelab, opened new montage and changed global preference (Display - from wavelab to operating system)
closed wavelab.
I reopened wavelab and it defaulted to an earlier window layout and previous wavlab display setting.
I once again followed above path and wavelab 8 folder properties\general tab\attributes: read only box was again checked.
See attachment B below.
(what about registry files…) ?
Wavelab_Troubleshoot_B_Paint.png
Wavelab_Troubleshoot_A_Paint.png

I recommend you to use this setting, do you?
2014-02-21_07-16-27.png

This is my default setting.
02_21_14_PG_01.png

Try to erase the whole WaveLab setting dialog (the one displayed on your pictures)

I tried to erase the (independent for each user button) in the setting location dialogue,I was unable to.

Just erase
C:\Users[UserName]\AppData\Roaming\Steinberg\WaveLab 8\

I erased the Wavelab 8 folder as suggested in the path:C:\Users[UserName]\AppData\Roaming\Steinberg\WaveLab 8
This takes me to a default setting removing all my master presets, window layouts, control window etc.which I need !
Is this the solution?

Then backup and restore:
C:\Users[YourName]\AppData\Roaming\Steinberg\WaveLab 8\Presets\

Backup Restore Failed
Restore files Error Log.png
Backup Restore.png

This seems to confirm you have a problem with file permission rights with your folders. You have to find a way to solve this.