Wavelab 8.5 Reset Peaks Key Command Shortcut

Hi,

I’ve been searching and so far I have not found a way to add a key command shortcut to reset the peaks in the Level Meter. I have this feature in Cubase and it’s very useful when monitoring recordings to be able to quickly hit a key and reset the meters instead of always clicking on the mouse, especially when you’re reaching over to adjust hardware levels.

Is there a way to assign this or can this be a wishlist item?

Thanks,

Mark

Hi,

In Master Section - open Settings menu (fourth icon from left)
go to Edit shortcut…
go to/scroll down to Reset peaks, select and Edit shortcut
create your on shortcut for this

regards S-EH

Hi S-EH,

Thanks for the reply. While this is a good tip since I didn’t realize that the Master Section shortcuts were in a different place than the global one (strange workflow decision), unfortunately, this only applies to the Master Section. I rarely look at the Master Section meters and almost always use the “Level Meter” Shared Tool that I have docked on the bottom of my screen to view RMS values as well.

There’s needs to be some UI streamlining done in this app. The Workspaces have become confusing along with Control Windows, shared tools and other cumbersome windows management. Shortcuts need to be better organized. Such a powerful program, but the UI workflow has become a bit of a mess.

Bonus points to anyone who can figure out how to add a device controller to control the “Speaker Configuration” gain control! Such a basic requirement, yet no obvious way to do it. Good luck in the “Remote devices” panel!

That’s my rant.

Mark

If you look a the Peak Meter menu, you can find a “Customize commands” there…

Thanks! That’s exactly what I was looking for!

So now there’s at least 3 places to set key commands…interesting. Cubase centralizes all key commands in one place making the workflow much more intuitive. I guess I have to stop thinking like Cubase when using Wavelab. If only they were developed by the same company :wink:

Mark

Hi,

Sorry I should know Level Meter and “Customize commands”
buy anyway I agree it could be very useful to find Command Shortcuts
in one place could be with tabs or similar.

regards S-EH

No worries, perhaps this can be tweaked in future builds. I currently fascilitate Club Cubase in my city and have asked the Steinberg marketing rep if there’s a Wavelab beta I can participate in (like the Cubase one). I wouldn’t mind testing out some of the newer features in future releases.

Thanks,

Mark