Wavelab-8 User Manual?

Again - each to their own. You obviously understood everything about WL7 at first launch…lucky you.

But I use WL7 daily and despite not needing the manual every day - there were times that the “shock” of WL7 (and getting around in it in the early stages) were a complete PITA without proper, VERY detailed documentation.

Even today - some 2+ years after WL7 - I still do not know how to do many things and in the spirit of being able to work - I just stick with the two workspaces that I know how to use and I never modify anything. Clicking on anything else - simply takes me to a place that I do not want to be.

So a full manual for V8 will be a huge help - to me anyway.

VP

+100. WL7 has been such a pain at times that a low priced (or free) upgrade is exactly the kind of good faith gesture that would go a long way to making the past two years feel a tad better.

Personally - WL7 still feels like a bizarre, unfinished experiment that needed another few months of dev time to polish. Hopefully WL8 sets this right.

VP

Great news! Thanks for letting us know.

Thank you!

Superb

Nothing to do with luck, I train my brain… lol

The issue of information, I believe should not be about format, but rather about substance. I would like to see some more information about the technical application of some options. This has been a desire since earlier versions… take the scripting function for instance.
How many of us are able to fully exploit this function without examples or detailed walk throughs?

As for pricing and manual discussions… allow me to offer this perpespective… in my other life , the one which pays for the Wavelab upgrades… haha , I use software x10 the cost of Wavelab…and guess what …no freekin hard copy manuals people!!

That’s exactly what this topic is about. You’re the one bringing up format (again), the rest in this topic are speaking of a real manual - irresepective of format. So, I guess we all agree :sunglasses:

Thank you! And thanks for your help here through the years. Your technical support is a very valuable part of Wavelab.

You keep saying hard copy manuals but no one mentioned hard copy manuals in this thread, just the desire for a full manual.

Long ago I used a DTP software for Atari called Calamus.
Apart from a good printed manual they set up a system where users could create Tips and Tricks pages for discoveries of how to do certain things. Calamus then did a layout similar to how the manual looked and made them available for users to print out on their own.

I checked out the cost to print the manual in b&w from Fed Ex store. It was almost $58 US.

Is there a speculation that Wavelab 8 may be announced on Musikmesse…
:nerd:

I guess you know in 48h :sunglasses:

Yes! I knew it; Frankfurter Messe for Wavelab 8. Can’t wait to find out about it!

Good news. At the same time its a little sad that Wavelab 7 is left in a semi-useless condition especially for the Mac… Only a great upgrade price will make me consider whether to upgrade.