WAVELAB 9.1 AND DDP

Hi Justin, when you say “post your .mon file” you mean here? As attachement?
Thx for all
Alex

Yes. You may need to zip it, or post s Dropbox link.

It would be interesting to see the CD-Text. You can DM it if you prefer. Audio not needed.

Hi Justin, If I understood correct here it is the file you asked me …
I’m not absolutely sure the problem come from the CD TEXT but, in my idea, that’s much probable … :sunglasses:
Hope I have shared the right file! I look forward to receiving your suggestions.
Always many many thx :slight_smile:
Alex
I NOSTRI PRIMI 10.rar (10.7 KB)

It’s the right file!

This is a REAL long shot guess but I do notice that the song titles for track 1 and track 14 both have a blank space after them in the CD-Text name.

There is a small but possible chance that something between Wavelab, and your CD burner do not like blank space at the end of a track name field.

I will be surprised if that is the source of the problem but it’s only thing I can see. Otherwise, maybe just try a new CD burner if you need to burn a CD with WaveLab, at least to rule out the issue.

See my above post but also, I made a DDP from your montage and then using File/Tools/Write CD From DDP Image I as able to burn a CD using my Apple USB Superdrive burner.

I know that’s Apples (literally) and oranges but that’s what I found.

Dear Justin, first of all, always thanks for the commitment you are putting into solving my problems. I suspect, however, that it is NOT a burner problem (mine, as we have said, works perfectly) but software. Also because (I don’t remember if I already told you) I tried to use ANOTHER USB BURNER which gives me the same problem !! :frowning: So I’m afraid the problem has, yes, do to the burner but it’s a software fact. Anyway today (as soon as I’ll be in my studio) I’ll try to remove that empty spaces to see what happens. In the meantime, abusing your kindness, I wanted to ask you for another courtesy! Would you be kind to provide me your e-mail address to which I could send you (via a we-transfer link) the entire DDP file, including audio? In this way we will see if is possible to correctly print a CD with your system (and I suspect that everything would go smoothly by you) So is a problem due to MY system :smiling_imp:
Many many thx in advance and for all. :wink:

Yes. I didn’t meant to say the burner was defective, but you may have found an obscure quirk between WaveLab, maybe the project, and your burner.

I DM’d you my email address.

In fact, I think you are right. Who knows what have happened. :question:
However I am a very lucky person and you are a very kind and helpful man. :unamused:
Many thanks for your email. I will send you the DDP very soon.
Alex :slight_smile:

In the meantime my period to try Sonoris DDP is expired … :frowning: Alternatively, if daddy Steinberg wanted to add to his software the DDP 1.0 besides the possibility of reading the DDP file also to write it to disk my problems would be not say solved but a lot attenuated

Unless, of course, I wouldn’t have the same problems with his DDP 1.0 player (with added writing possibilities) … :slight_smile: :mrgreen:

I’m really out of ideas, but have you verified that CD-Text is on the discs that were burned with Sonoris? Maybe your CD writer doesn’t support CD-Text and Sonoris is smart enough to omit the CD-Text and burn a CD, but WaveLab produces an error message.

If it were me, I’d just get HOFA DDP Player which is very cheap, (or DDP Player Maker if you need to send DDP to clients too) and move on.

I would also try one other CD writer on your computer if you can find on to borrow.

Hi Justin, you always kind! Received my DDP? :slight_smile:
Yes, I verified that, on the printed cd with Sonoris, in my car (or everywhere) I can see name of the track, title of album and name of artist. So the Sonoris cd’s printed correct! OK, if I have no other ways, I’ll buy the HOFA or others … But I still wish to know WHY my sistem is so crazy … OK a million of thx to you … :slight_smile:
Maybe, as last resort, I will ask some of my friends to lend me a burner, preferably from a different brand than mine. :slight_smile:
Many many thx to and for all. :smiley:
CUL8r
Alex aka Rospo :ugeek:

Rospoverde, one last thing I was never quite clear on: were you ever able to use the File / Tools / “Write Audio CD from DDP Image” function without getting the error message, if there was no CD Text? Or did you get the same CD burn error message whether there was CD Text on the DDP or not?

I thought you said you could burn CD from the montage if there was no CD Text, but I wasn’t sure if you meant you could also use the “write CD from DDP” function if there was no CD Text on the DDP you were writing from.

And you can’t burn a CD from the montage if it has this CD Text?

Hi bob99 and thanks for your comment. Unfortunately my bad English often does not allow me to explain clearly (if it is clear in my head :mrgreen: ) what I would like to say. You will excuse me for this. :blush:
Said this I will try to clarify better than:

1. I am not at all certain that the fault lies with CD TEXT. I tried to make an assumption given that the AUDIO SIMPLIFIED CD, which, as I said, wavelab writes without any problem, does not contain the CD TEXT while if I try to write from Audio Montage (which instead contains it) the thing does not go well. But I’m not sure it’s the CD TEXT’s fault. Maybe the procedure is different and some problems completely unknown to me take over. :smiling_imp:
  2. Actually I have not tried the function you are suggesting to me (or perhaps you have already done it? In case you’ll forgive me but I have not grasped the meaning of your suggestion always 'cause of my English) so I can’t tell you IF IT WORKS. At the moment I am not in the studio but as soon as I get there I will try this trick immediately. :slight_smile:
    Hope you can understand altough my Eng. :question:
    Many many thx for your interest in my issue.
    Alex

Anyway, bob99, thanks to your reflection, as soon as I get home I will take a little time to do some mastering tests

1. from Audio Montage WITHOUT CD TXT
  2. from Audio Montage with CD TEXT but without writing the titles. So with a completely empty text cd.
  3. Write Audio CD from DDP Image with complete CD TEXT (track names, author, performer, etc.)
  4. Write Audio CD from DDP Image WITHOUT CD TEXT
  5. Write Audio CD from DDP Image with CD TEXT but completely empty;

Of course I will inform you all of the test results. Stay tuned :slight_smile:
Alex

How about from Audio Montage with complete CD TEXT again?

I don’t know if you’re actually burning (and possibly wasting) CD’s testing this, but you should be able to write in “test” mode (“do not burn”). That’s what I was doing, and it was still generating the error messages if there was a problem, without wasting CD’s.

And the manufacturer and model number of the drive/

FWIW, when I burned CDs to test this, I made the DDP first.

Then, I choose File/Tools/Write Audio CD fro DDP

I forget the exact wording of that option, but that’s how I did it.

Hi everyone. By now I am practically certain of what I say. There is some problem with the CD TEXT. Let me explain from the beginning and step by step what I did. I tried (with the only test function WITHOUT burning a disk every time) to:
1) Import the DDP I already had and that Sonoris writes perfectly (with CD TEXT) NOTHING TO DO. IT STOPS EVERYTHING :imp:
OK I said to myself. Then let’s do it all over again. So
2) SIMPLIFIED CD. Test writing. As I already told you, everything is ok. Well, let’s go on step by step. Go to Montage Audio. All right. So I add CD wizard with pauses set to ZERO. Test writing. All right. Then add CD TEXT … ahi ahi ahi … pandemonium happens again. :imp: Note that the system does NOT completely freeze and everything seems to work but if I want to “see” or use the cd burner again I MUST restart the computer. Impossible open the door and wavelab don’t see it. If I try to close wavelab all is right but if I try to re-start it … Nothing to do! In my opinion because it try to “see” the burner and it is not available. :imp: OK, I start again and, in order not to leave anything untried, I still try a
3) New Audio Editing. Drag and drop files. Writing test. All right. Then add Cd Wizard with pauses ZERO seconds … everything ok. Then add CD TEXT … ahi ahi ahi ahi :imp: We’re back again … :imp:
Please note my burner is CDDVDWH - S223C. Also note I tried to change some words in the CD TEXT and the title and the artist … Always the same … SIGH and SOB … How possible? :astonished:
Thx to everyone to tolerate me and especially my Eng.
Alex

After adding the CD Text in the montage, have you checked the conformity of the montage using the button in the CD window with the checkmark? (called “check CD conformity”). Does that give an error message? If the Text and the rest of the montage are ok, it should say “the CD track list is valid”.

Hi, bob, sometimes I checked it but sometimes NO. So today in the afternoon I’ll repeat ALL but with CHECK CD CONFORMITY every time! :slight_smile:
Thx
Alex