WaveLab 9.1 update available

Dear Forum members,

We are pleased to announce the availability of the 9.1 update for WaveLab Pro 9, WaveLab Elements 9 and WaveLab LE 9.

Besides an array of various fixes in different areas of the application, this update introduces you to over 40 new VIP presets for MasterRig.

Created by renowned mastering engineers and sound professionals from around the world, the presets cover a range from EDM to progressive rock and from vinyl record to choral clarity.

The update is now available for download from the Steinberg website.

For detailed information, please read the corresponding version history on the download page.

Download WaveLab Pro 9.1
Download WaveLab Elements 9.1

All the best

Is it now possible to batch copy field recorder track names metadata to the filename or any place, where Nuendo can finally show it?

YEA!

Hi Oliver. I just wondered, what file format are the field recorder files, can Nuendo not show file metadata at all, and do you currently have a workaround using another program to do the batch naming?

Hey bob99,
other than ProTools Nuendo can unfortunately not display the field recorder generated metadata in .bwav files.
So in PT you can see the character name that the location sound crew has put into the files. That is very handy because you do not need to switch through the different microphones all the time.
I have desperately been looking for a workaround for about 3 years now, but I cannot code myself and know nobody, who could solve this for me.

field recorder track names

Are you speaking about the BWF field names “Description” or “Coding History”, in the WaveLab dialog?

Philippe

I hope Wavelab adds this, and I think they will at some point, but in the meantime, Kid3 is a tag editor and file rename utility that can read ID3 and I believe bwav INFO fields in wav and bwav (don’t quote me on that). Then it has batch file rename utility based on those fields. I’ll try it out and see if it does what I say with bwf info.

Also there’s a good list of programs at:
http://wavmetadata.blogspot.com/

bob99, thanks for pointing me in this direction. I will have a look into this.

Sorry PG. Can they be used to rename files? i thought there wasn’t any facility for file renaming from metadata yet. My apologies if some of this is in there already. I love the batch file renamer but never saw a way to do that in there. Thought that was still in the future.

Still no Retina support :confused:

Can they be used to rename files? i thought there wasn’t any facility for file renaming from metadata yet. My apologies if some of this is in there already. I love the batch file renamer but never saw a way to do that in there.

A certain number of things are possible.

This can be enhanced according to user feedback.

Oh that’s great. So it probably can do what Oliver wants.

It can’t at the moment. Neither can Kid3.

Yes sorry, I noticed that in the program list on the webpage after the fact. No BWF INFO in Kid3. But there are a lot of other programs there that do read BWF INFO (unless the field you need is in another metadata section). Maybe try Wave Agent (from Sound Devices. I don’t know anything about field recording but I see their name a lot.), or Jaikoz, on the webpage.

If you can tell what metadata section and field you need, by opening one of the files in Wavelab and viewing the metadata tab, maybe PG could add that field to the batch rename.

Thanks to files sent by Oliver, I could see that this info is a specific field in the iXML metadata. Retrieving this specific field is currently not possible, but I will think about it.

Lovely update, thanks so much.

On a first test the Master Section works good for me now, when open the presets… Good!!! :slight_smile:

I’ve noticed since the 9.1 update, WAVES NLS (Channel or Buss, Mono or Stereo) and NX (Any Entity) plugins give me the following errors:

A serious error has occurred inside the plug-in ‘Plugin Name’.
WaveLab Pro could control it, but it would be best to save your work and restart WaveLab Pro.

I’m running a MAC, Sierra 10.12.5 (16F73) 16GB RAM
Has anyone else experienced this?
Everything else, sofar, seems fine.

I will contact WAVES as well.

Best Regards,

[][][]Steve

In a 2nd test I’ve some graphic problems with Izotope Ozone 7 plugin. :confused:

FWIW, I recently had a user send me this attached image showing a graphic issue in Ozone 7. I can’t personally reproduce the issue but as a workaround, they said folding and unfolding the plugin window solves the issue.