WaveLab 9 Cannot find any CD drive to burn to

Still searching for answers.

Yesterday I installed WL 9.0.25 in 32 bit and it found all the CD drives. WL 9.0.25 64 bit still cannot see the drives. So for now I will work in WL 9.0.25 32 bit.

I have never had a problem like this and WL was working sooooooooooooooooooo well.

Any ideas?

This is typically a registry thing broken. But where to look?
I guess you did not have Windows restore points?

Is there a difference between where the 32 bit and 64 bit store CD writer info on the registry?

You are, I am sure, correct that this is a registry issue. And no we did not have a restore point.

Thanks for all the help as always,

No idea, but I doubt it. This is handled by Gear.

Maybe a long shot, but did you try the iTunes fix?

I would make a restore point first.

I tried it earlier and again yesterday. No JOY!

Thanks for the suggestion,

Still cannot write to any of my CD writers with WL 9.0.25 64 bit but the 32 bit version seems fine.

In all other respects WL is running smoothly and I am using it daily. I really wish I could get this problem solved.

Thanks again for all the GREAT help.

If you have both 32-bit and 64-bit versions of WL installed, you also need to run the “GEARAspi checker for 64bit systems”.

It says when I try and run the 32 bit checker that it is not compatible with my system. The 64 bit checker runs fine and says all drivers are correctly installed.

FWIW

Still having problems with this. I have been using WL 9.0.25 32 bit version with no problems. The 64 bit version still cannot see any CD/DVD drives. I have been doing a lot of research and still cannot come up with a solution. This has to be a registry issue but where to look. Thanks in advance…

Am I right in thinking that this all started following an ill-advised attempt to defrag an SSD, and that you haven’t yet tried reinstalling Windows? One thing you could try if you’re not willing to do a reinstallation of Windows is to temporarily take out the SSD, pop in a new one and do the Windows reinstallation on that, followed by a clean installation of WaveLab. If that works, it rules out the hardware, and you can put the original SSD back in to return to where you started from.

You will then know the solution to the problem, as unappetizing as that may turn out to be.

Thomas, have you tried to do as I did, when I had the exact same problem?

Solved: Import Audio CD doesn't work. - WaveLab - Steinberg Forums - look at the final post, hopefully it can help

Best Mads

Edit: seems someone already suggested that…

I already mentioned that I tried that and no luck. I will try it again. WL9/64 does not see the drives. WL9/32 does see the drives. I am super busy with 160 hours of transfers to do. Staring over with a new Windows 7 install is not, at the present time, feasible or possible. I will just keep using WL9/32 until sometime in the future I can take a week to reinstall Windows 7 and all my programs and plugins. This computer is used for many different purposes and I really don’t want to start from scratch but if I have to I guess I have to. Thanks again for all the helpful suggestions.