wavelab 9 pcm wav 16 bit 8000hz not available anymore

hi,

at wavelab 9 pro the pcm wav 16 bit 8000hz format is not available anymore… at 8 its there as you can see here on the screenshot - its one of the most important audio formats for phone systems.

how can i save my audio files in that format at 9 ?

greets
thorsten

This is still possible. But you have to add the 8000 Hz option to the menu. This can be done from the Master Section. Open the sample rate menu there, and you have a customize option.

Philippe

can you please send me a screenshot ? i dont find that

it makes really no sense to me that steinberg changed that… at earlier versions of wavelab much things were easier to use. the menues made more sense then now.

i have a batch file that im using at renderiung since years for my customers - creating mp3 , wav , alaw, ulaw … and that batch file generated now wav 16bit 8000hz for month which a re currupt / not working … even if you reopen it in wavelab then the correct forrmat is shown - but the phone system hardware cant use them because they are not 16 bit 8000hz… a complete desaster !

You might need this too:

thanks - but how works that in multi format batch renderings ?

If all files are to be converted to 8000, just insert the resampler plugin.
This is not different from past wavelab versions.

no i render all the different audio formats ( screenshot ) in a row - and i want to keep that workflow… any solution for that ?

Yes, choose the 8000 Hz as you did in the past, from the file format dialog (once you have added 8000 Hz to the list).

Philippe

ok i have added 8000hz

must the resmapling button be turned on green status to get it working at multi file rendering or just do i have to add it to the list and can let resmapling deactivated ?

well i must say that at wavelab 8 pro all was more logical and easier to do…
can resampling turned  off while multi file rendering.png

thats the seeting by now please see screenshot … is that ok ? - does the issue not appear anymore at multi file rendering ?

Yes, this seems ok. Did you try it?

must the resmapling button be turned on green status to get it working at multi file rendering

No.

or just do i have to add it to the list and can let resmapling deactivated ?

Right

well i must say that at wavelab 8 pro all was more logical and easier to do…

Well, it’s the same as before. The only difference, is that 8000 Hz, which is not used by 99% of users, is not present by default in the menu, to keep things clearer (for the 99%…)

Philippe