Wavelab Cast

All of the Plugins in Cast are in Pro, except maybe Voice Exciter, I have not been able to correlate which plugin it relates to. See graphic.

The Podcast Hosting section is more robust than in Pro & Elements as it allows you to upload directly to the host - easier. But you can upload your podcast now using FTP.
Podast Service in Cast Help page

Pro must have all the features except for the direct publishing to specific podcast hosts they listed. I spent time correlating what was in the videos and discovered I could do the same in Elements. I just wish the templates that came in Cast were in Elements. I think it is simply that the Wavelab team should educate us on how to do the same things in Cast in our more expensive & robust versions of Wavelab.

Ah so it is better to spend the $16 to get WaveLab cast them?

When is Elements & Pro 10.5 or 11 slated to come out?

$16 is a pretty low price for the freedom to experiment, IMO.

To be perfectly clear - if I have WaveLab Elements 9.5, can I buy an upgrade to WaveLab Cast or not? LE is the same than Elements in this case?

It is possible to publish to the specific podcast in WaveLab Pro/Elements 11 too.

Concerning the plugins inside the Clean and Enhance section of a track, they are exactly the same in Pro/Elements. They are specific implementation, not cut-down version from other/larger plugins.

To be perfectly clear - if I have WaveLab Elements 9.5, can I buy an upgrade to WaveLab Cast or not? LE is the same than Elements in this case?

LE is NOT the same as Elements.
You can NOT upgrade from Elements to Cast, because Elements is a “bigger” version than Cast.

You CAN update to *** Elements 11 ***, it contains everything from Cast and more!

See here:

So, WaveLab Cast will not be developed in the future and current 11 version of WaveLab will replaced it?

WaveLab Cast will continue to be developed.

2 Likes

Does that mean that the functions of the cast version will be included in one of the next or the next WaveLab or like me, the Wavelab Pro version?

At least I got an online questionnaire in which I answered how I use WaveLab at the moment and there were also questions about potcast and so on.

So when using the Pro version, should you save and wait for the Cast version first?

The current WaveLab Pro 11 contains all features of WaveLab Cast.
If a future WaveLab Cast update, with new features, is released before a pro update, then these new features will be included in the later pro version. There is no strict synchronicity between the two versions.

1 Like

That sounds good and shows once again that investing in Steinberg is not a bad idea.

1 Like

Hello Philippe!

Licensing WaveLab Pro for many versions; wanting to try WaveLab Cast for its streamlined focus.

It seems there is not a way for Pro users to easily add a license. Users of years-old LE versions can add a WaveLab Cast license right now for $10 under Cyber Weeks special, but this doesn’t apply for Pro users, which seems a bit strange.

Is it possible to offer something similar for Pro users?

1 Like

I can’t answer because I am not responsible for the sale nor licensing strategies. This being said, this would be a rare scenario, hence unlikely to happen.