Wavelab crashes again and again

Wavelab 8 crashes again and again. The most unsteady software I´ve ever had. What am I to do? I run an iMac OS 10.8.5 with avid Mbox. I now use WL 8.5.30 but every version I´ve had always keep crashing. I´ve tried to run it in 32 and 64-bit, same thing. Does anybody have a tip on other software to do mastering on, or come up with some advice? Will WL 9 be better or will it be the same again. Its ever so frustrating, all the time you loose by redoing everything.
I wish I could recommend WL, but sorry no! :imp: :cry: :cry: /fransmo

You have a computer problem, pretty sure. Have you run the DPC Latency Checker? I use a Desktop, Win7 64 and even online as I am right now the DPC shows a max of 139 us but typically 33 us. How about you with your machine? WL8 is very stable here even running a Core2Quad with 8G memory. I will also add that an SSD is the best investment you could ever make for your DAW, laptop or otherwise.

http://www.thesycon.de/deu/latency_check.shtml

Since I am on the mac, I am afraid the DPC Latency checker won’t apply to this problem. Obviously Steinberg has not been very successful in adapting WL to the MAC platform. everything else works on the machine like Pro Tools, Logic, Sibelius, Cubase, you name it…. :frowning:

Ah, I forget that this is only for Windows. Why not run Win7 on your Mac computer?

Join the club…

Hopefully WL9 will cure all the ills.

I am running WL6 on my windows 7 computer because WL8 is so undepentable. I tried to go back to WL 8.5.3 and it crashed three times in the first 5 minutes of use. All my other programs run fine including Adobe Audition, Sound Forge, Samplitude and even Vegas. Something is seriously flawed in WL 8.5.3. No doubt about it.