Wavelab/Cubase working together again!

I’m floored! :astonished:

This was removed at the beginning of Cubase SX 14 years ago!

For anyone who remembers, is the behavior the same or better than the integration we had 14 years ago? I was told the integration was removed due to the new Cubase SX multiple undo feature.

So if you open Cubase, click on a sample to open Wavelab…make your edits…close Wavelab and Cubase automatically updates…then Cubase undo is still available to go back to the state Cubase was in prior to editing in Wavelab?

Forgive me if I’m misunderstanding this. I only know how it worked with Cubase VST32 and Wavelab 4.

And shame on PG for not mentioning this was on the way. :imp:

Basically it is like you describe.

Have a look at this video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_lepOdbq1DA which explains how the feature works.

The “normal” undo/redo history is available of course (keep in mind that the “offline process history” is not!). So pressing ctrl+z in Cubase will revert all changes which were made by WaveLab.

Best,
René

Thank you.

From what the video shows there are several additional integration features that were not available long ago. At least not that I remember. It’s been a long time.

The only difference I immediately note between the old behavior and new, is with the old I somehow remember double clicking on the Cubase part, and instead of the Cubase sample editor opening, Wavelab would open with the file ready to edit. Now according to the video, it’s a file drop down in Cubase that you select.

I never thought this would be available again. This feature, with the improved automation means another sale for Wavelab.