Wavelab Elements 10 won't start

Suddenly it won’t start. All I get is the startup screen. I’ve updated, deleted, restarted computer, installed from scratch. What in the Lord Farquad is going on? Is it a mysterious conflict between Windows 10 and Wavelab 10? W10 and W10? Cue theme to Twilight Zone.

Seriously though. Anyone onto this issue?

Try erasing this file:
\AppData\Roaming\Steinberg\WaveLab Elements 10.0\Preferences\General.dat

Thanks for the suggestion. The file wasn’t in that location, but I found it and deleted it anyway. Sadly it made no difference. I have also tried starting Wavelab with no access to the plugin folders which also made no difference.

Not standard. Where was it then?
You might try t erase the whole pref folder: \AppData\Roaming\Steinberg\WaveLab Elements 10.0\

The file was at this location:

C:\ProgramData\Steinberg\WaveLab Elements 10.0\Preferences

Which means, you had set the preferences folder on the non-default location. Follow my previous advice.

As far as I am aware I did a standard installation.

I just deleted the folder and nothing changed. So I uninstalled and reinstalled and it is still exactly the same.

To verify: did you really erase the folder containing the file “Startup.ini” ?

Yes, absolutely. There were a bunch of other similarly named files in there as well.

For example:
Startup.ini.lock.rmlock.rmlock.rmlock.rmlock.rmlock.rmlock.rmlock.rmlock.rmlock.rmlock.rmlock.rmlock.rmlock.rmlock.rmlock.rmlock.rmlock.rmlock.rmlock.rmlock.rmlock.rmlock.rmlock

Sound strange

I have here in OSX Big Sur

Folders:
Audio, Cache, Preferences, Preset and files RunningOk

Startup.ini

regards S-EH

Sorry, Windows 10 here.

This can’t be normal even in Windows 10 ?

No idea, but I uninstalled it and the folders were removed so it was part of the installation.

It’s sorted now. Thanks for the help. I uninstalled and removed every single mention of Wavelab I could find.

1 Like