Wavelab Elements Running Slow and Not Seeing HD

I currently use Wavelab Elements 8 and Cubase 8.5 Pro without any issues on my quad core Phenom with 8GB of RAM , Last night I upgraded to Elements 9 and it runs very slowly i.e mouse trails and freezing up , it also fails to see my audio hard drive .Does anybody else have the same issues ?

If you reboot and run WaveLab Elements alone, do you get the same problem?

What OS?

I am running windows 10 and yes if I run WL alone it stills runs very slow ,to the point of being unusable

The problem appears to be linked to the in built file explorer, if I don’t use the open file function and drag the file I want to edit in to the window it all works fine.

Is the file browser pointing to network, or to folders with a huge number of files?

Hi

No the browser doesn’t actually see my audio Hard Drive

No the browser doesn’t actually see my audio Hard Drive

Then, what is “special” on your system?

In my case navigating inside a big folder (1,000 files or more) is also extremely slow and clumsy. This problem doesn’t appear when using Windows Explorer.

In my case navigating inside a big folder (1,000 files or more) is also extremely slow and clumsy. This problem doesn’t appear when using Windows Explorer.

When you navigate for the 1st time inside a folder, WaveLab analyses the audio files, which can be a bit slow. But for the next times, it should be fast, as the analysis is cached.

Thankyou Philippe I have around 3000 files in my audio drive so that may be the issue .

Thank you Philippe. Actually after the first analyses the speed navigation becomes normal.

Unticking the information boxes (type, date, sample rate …), and living only the file name, accelerates the process. I suppose that the file analysis is limited to the ticked columns.

Nevertheless a trivial apparent bug appears: when quitting and launching WL again the unticked boxes turn to ticked although the corresponding information columns keep hide.

Unticking the information boxes (type, date, sample rate …), and living only the file name, accelerates the process. I suppose that the file analysis is limited to the ticked columns.

No. The tick status is only a displayed status. Analysis is always performed the 1st time a file is found in a folder.

Nevertheless a trivial apparent bug appears: when quitting and launching WL again the unticked boxes turn to ticked although the corresponding information columns keep hide.

Yes, the tick status is to be fixed.