Wavelab plugin display - Eradic behaviour on one screen

I have a strange behaviour with all plugins display in Wavelab. When I open them the plugin UI starts to blink eradically on one of my screens (multi screen setups). When I move the plugins to another screen, it works as it should.

I deactivated all processes in the background. I reset my graphics driver (which is up-to-date), restarted WL and PC (Windows 10) but the issue still persists (on one screen). Really strange.

I did not start Wavelab in Administrator mode (so that can be ruled out).

Any ideas what could be causing this issue?

Cheers

Why do you need a new thread? It’s a follow-up to the other thread.

Sorry about re-mentioning the folder issue. I have deleted that part of the message above and only left the display issue.

Different sync rates (60 hz on one monitor 50Hz on the other or something similar). Also having different resolutions on each monitor can cause what you are describing. FWIW

Can you provide more info?
Graphics cards used, CPU (incl generation info) and patch level of Win10.

Maybe we can see an incompatibility with a component. The newest drivers are not always bug free.

Thank you for looking into this:

Microsoft Windows 10 Pro (Version 10.0.19045 Build 19045) / Version 22H2 (OS Build 19045.2965)
System: X570 AORUS ULTRA
Processor: AMD Ryzen 9 5950X 16-Core Processor, 3401 Mhz, 16 Core(s), 32 Logical Pro.
Memory (RAM): 64,0 GB
GPU: NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Ti
GPU Memory: 8 GB
GPU Driver version: NVIDIA 31.0.15.3598

Interesting. But I did use my current screen setup in Wavelab for the past 2 years without any issue.

Why don’t you switch to Windows 11 ?

1 Like

Just out of curiosity, are these specific plugins or “every plugin”?

I had one plugin (Perception AB) that just plain would not work correctly on my second monitor. But, the symptom was that it responded as though the mouse/cursor was about an inch and a half away from where it actually was, with perfect consistency. The audio was fine, but the UI was borderline unusable.

1 Like

I dont have the TPM chip yet which is necessary for windows 11. At least that is my understanding. The one I need is a bit difficult to get at the moment.

Every single plugin. What is strange: When I make a screenshot video when the blinking occurs, the final video shows up completly normal.

Hmm…

This is going to sound really stupid, but have you tried a different cable between your GPU/motherboard and that monitor?

1 Like

There is a BIOS setting that does the TPM in firmware.

What kind of display is it? How is it connected?

1 Like

Dell display connected via display port.

I have set the TPM in firmware (after upgrading the bios) and am currently installing Windows 11. Hopefully this will fix the issue. I also upgraded all my bios related drivers while I was at it.

The issue is now fixed. Philippe’s suggestion to upgrade to Windows 11 solved the problem. All plugins now display correctly in Wavelab. Thank you also to st10ss for his bios TPM suggestion… (@JSMastering: I did try the cable switch before I upgraded but that did not solve the issue. But it was a good suggestion to exclude a possible problem).

Great help from all of you!!
Thank you again.

1 Like

I’m glad you found the solution. I’ve had weird things happen from display cables…my idea was that if you’re getting the screen recording clean, everything is hitting the GPU correctly and the problem is probably later. But, apparently not.

1 Like