WaveLab Pro Workflows with Justin Perkins #1 | Audio Editor vs. Audio Montage

On Monday November 30th I’ll be doing the first of a monthly series live on YouTube to help with WaveLab workflow ideas and info. Each one will be roughly 1 hour, and have a Q & A at the end as well.

Every few months there will be an interview edition sprinkled in with notable WaveLab users, and I have a great guest lined up for the first one Dec 17th.

Here is the link for the first one Monday November 30th at 11am US Eastern Time:

Thanks a lot for your work, great :slight_smile:

regards S-EH

So… at the risk of sounding Boomer -and- ADHD…

At 3 hrs, 23 minutes, any chance for a few (or perhaps a whole bunch) of bookmarks. If not cut up into small bites by general topic.

I understand it’s a labour of love and yer not a paid lecturer, but still…

Anyhoo… thanks.

Hi Justin, very interesting videos, please keep making them! If I may, I would like to suggest a topic or even interview series for Wavelab: “Mastering in the Box with WaveLab”. You could also invite different mastering engineers who use Wavelab for Mastering and have them speak about how they approach it. Or maybe we could just watch how they master a song and just follow their workflow. Would be great to get insights of other Wavelab Pro users. Cheers (and thanks for sharing your valuable insights with the rest of us - greatly appreciated).

@Harold_LaRue made a more detailed list of bookmarks that he might be willing to share. The plan is to now do shorter and more detailed videos once a month that breaks it down into smaller elements.

Hi, for now I prefer to keep it to more subjective things such has how to use WaveLab. There are already too many general mastering tutorials out there and it’s not an area I’m particularly interested in teaching. I think it’s best to learn that as you develop your ears and monitoring environment. That’s how I did it :slight_smile:

It’s hard to teach art since there are no rules, and many ways to do things.

That being said, Ian Shepherd has been doing a series about mastering and he uses WaveLab in the videos. Here is the first one:

I believe there are 6 total now.

1 Like

FWIW, I found these very useful… like going to church. I think many will already know the messages, but the presentation is inspirational and well-organised. :smiley:

Thanks, I hope he will. :slight_smile:

Hi Justin,
I’ve been using wavelab since 4 and never thought to reach out until now and ask.I now have wavelab 10(love it) and would like to know if it’s not to off topic Do you adjust the resolution and threshold in the global analysis to match the track?I guess what I’m trying to say is for I always have used just the default settings and never really paid any attention to it until now where I get -4dB added to the average say I start with a -20 and when I analize the track I get a -24 however if I adjust the resolution and threshold I can match the average exactly Should I concern myself with this?or just analize at the default and go from there any info would help thank you in advance