WaveLabElements 12.0.20 crashes every 10 Minutes

Hello,

After three days of using WavelabElements 12, I’m sorry to say that I can’t use it in its current release. Wavelab crashes every 5-15 minutes.

I work in audio montage and even without having loaded a single plugin, WaveLab crashes… The window just closes.
It’s not predictable, it always crashes in a different context. I have never experienced this with WaveLabElements 11.2.

This is what Windows (10/64) says:

Name der fehlerhaften Anwendung: WaveLabElements12.exe, Version: 12.0.20.611, Zeitstempel: 0x660afc6d
Name des fehlerhaften Moduls: Qt6CoreWL.dll, Version: 6.6.1.68, Zeitstempel: 0x65b7ab4a
Ausnahmecode: 0xc0000409
Fehleroffset: 0x0000000000023f78
ID des fehlerhaften Prozesses: 0x1fec
Startzeit der fehlerhaften Anwendung: 0x01daa1f976cb49bc
Pfad der fehlerhaften Anwendung: C:\Program Files\Steinberg\WaveLab Elements 12\WaveLabElements12.exe
Pfad des fehlerhaften Moduls: C:\Program Files\Steinberg\WaveLab Elements 12\Qt6CoreWL.dll
Berichtskennung: 76bce17d-b810-4bd8-ac21-151f6f05281f
Vollständiger Name des fehlerhaften Pakets:
Anwendungs-ID, die relativ zum fehlerhaften Paket ist:

Greetings, Chris

What are you doing or using in WaveLab, when this happens?

Unfortunately, I can’t say that it will happen here or then. It can happen at any time, whether I’m jumping between markers, selecting clips in the album window or navigating with the mouse in the montage. I am currently working on an audio montage with a video clip. The same montage, recreated in 11.2, is not causing any problems.

Under Windows, you can generate one crash dump from WaveLab if you do so:
While pressing the Alternate key (press first and maintain), select “Global preferences” from the WaveLab menu with the mouse.
In that case, there is a new tab called “Diagnostics”. There you can activate several functions.
Activate the option “Enable crash report”. Quit and relaunch WaveLab.
If a crash happens, one crash dump is generated and a dialog proposes to save it.

I’m not sure if this is the report you want? Unfortunately, a special crash report is not created even though I have checked the box.

error_log.pdf (144,4 KB)
MainLog.pdf (46,2 KB)

I now know what causes WaveLab to crash :wink: Something is wrong with the thumbnails in the video track. If I deactivate the thumbnail preview in the video track, WaveLab works fine. Okay, I can work with this small limitation for now…

I then found another bug, but I don’t feel like writing any more today…

1 Like