WavLab 11 pro (11.0.30) freezes Windows 10 completely???
(Even control/alt/delete won’t work, only a “hard reset” gets things going again).
I’ve run into this strange behaviour of (WavLab?) by incident and it seems to occur only in a specific situation. I wonder if others can recreate this behaviour (is it a bug in WavLab?) or might there be another explanation?
The circumstances were under this happens are:
- From the Start “Hub” I choose “Project” (It seem to not happen when I choose “Montage”)
- Then I choose “Create Empty”
- Then I create a 16 bit 441.kHz Montage (it might happen also with other bit rates and/or sample frequencies but I’ve not tried that).
- I load a song into this montage.
- Then I insert the bx_digital v3 plugin* on the clip (it also happend when I inserted it on the track instead of the clip). * I first experienced it with a lot more plug-ins on that clip but then I tried each of them individually in this one seemed to couse the behaviour.
- Then (after some fiddling around with this plugin while playing the song) I choose to quite Wavlab without saving (so I unchecked the box in the warning popup) and choose “Exit WITHOUT saving” and click OK and then… WavLab closes (seemingly correctly) but after that my computer/Windows freeze and doesn’t respond at all (not even ctr/alt/del etc.). Only a hard reset can get it working again.
It seems to me that choosing “Project” at the start and “Quitting without Saving” (in combination with this particular plug-in (although it also happened with the SPL Iron plug-in [also from BrainWorx], but NOT with the Elysia Apha compressor, Tom Labs Lisa, Mäag EQ, Dangerous BaxEQ or other bx plug-ins) causes this strange behaviour.
And all the before mentioned plug-ins (I used them as VST 3) work fine in Cubase Pro 11 (11.0.41) and don’t cause any problem there.
So, what might be causing this problem? Can someone recreate it and confirm it?
Of course a workable solution is not to choose “Project” but “Audio Montage” instead when starting up WavLab, but as you get the option of “Create Empty” when choosing “Project” you shouldn’t run in to this kind of problems downsteam. But maybe it isn’t a WavLab problem at all end there is another explanation. Either way, I would like to find out.
I have a Windows Machine Windows 10 Home Version 21H2 Build 19044.1706,
WavLab 11 pro (11.0.30) and Cubase 11 pro (110.41) and SpectraLayers Pro 8.