Way to set multiple Slots to same bus?

Hi there. I am sure there is a way, I just cannot figure it out. What I am wanting to do is set a ‘group bus’ to which multiple slots can be set to for organization sakes and for processing via one bus, multiple patches. Let us say I have 3 drum loops playing. I would like to set each loop to play out of there own outputs so I can put plugins on a Cubase mixer insert as desired, but would also like each loop to go into one group bus within Halion to which I can put an EQ, limiter etc on to process as a whole before it hits the main outs. Is there a way to do this from within Halion? In Cubase you can have 3 audio tracks all being sent to a group track for global processing.

Are AUX busses what I am after?

I was thinking it would be the blue icon Program-Bus I see listed at the bottom of each loaded patch in the program tree.

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

Hi,

you are right - this should be possible using the AUX (send) busses. If have just tried it using a few preset patches, and it seems to work:

• Slot 1: Route patch to output 2, add send effect to AUX FX 1
  • Slot 2: Route patch to output 3, add send effect to AUX FX 1
  • Slot 3: Route patch to output 4, add send effect to AUX FX 1
  • AUX FX 1: Route to master output

In this configuration, you have each patch on the corresponding outputs (2, 3, 4) and also on the master output (and you can configure effects on the AUX FX 1 bus). Of course, you can switch to different outputs (i.e. slot 1 to master, slot 2 to output 2, and so on). The AUX busses can be accessed using the mixer panel. It is the second icon on top in the mixer panel.

Regards,
Stephan

Thanks a lot for this, I appreciate it. I figured it would be possible. This allows me full control over each slots output via additional plugins within Cubase as well as bus like sounds into its own bus from within Halion for global processing.

The main reason for me doing this was to add a global compressor, eq and limiter to like sounds such as drums. The issue I am having now is the limiter doesn’t seem to do anything, at least not in the sense that I expected and experienced in using them on inserts within Cubase. It does not matter how I set the limiter up as an insert, the sound isn’t affected and I still get clipping if loaded sounds are too loud. I guess this is something I need to work on figuring out. I can do it in Cubase just fine, but I would like the functionality from within Halion as well.

Thanks again.