ways to determine vinyl side lengths / CD groups - feature request?

hi WL’ers

using the montage and CD groups to create vinyl side master groupings… obviously… but is there a quick way to determine how long your vinyl sides (ie: Groups) will be… besides going by END TIME and START TIMES and doing some math… or going to the trouble of exporting track sheets of each group.

i mean, doing the math isn’t hard… but when you have 16 tracks on a double LP and trying to read through the columns of start and end times… is a bit annoying. it would be great if there was somewhere in one of the windows that would very simply list GROUP TIME… and show the running length of each GROUP in your montage… would make it much faster to play around with track groupings for vinyl sides to make sure they’re at a proper length…

knowing WL it’s in there somewhere, but i haven’t found it yet…

thanks!

+1 for this. I usually just have to carefully highlight the range of side A and side B and look in the lower right to see the selection length. It would be handy to see a CD Track Group length readout live somewhere in the montage window because so often, the mastering engineer has to figure out how to divide the LP into sides, and also be the bad news person to say you should probably remove some songs :slight_smile:

It would be great if it was faster to see how long each vinyl side would be without having to export a dummy PQ report or wrestle with the mouse.

ah! that’s a good idea… i tried shift-selecting different clips in the montage, but that didn’t give me a “selection length”… but, yes, DRAGGING over the files does…

and i suppose you don’t need to be THAT exact on it… usually you’re just trying to determine the side splits so something isn’t going up near 24 mins or whatever… dragging over the tracks certainly lets you know approximate lengths…

thanks! easier than deciphering the start/end times and doing the math…

but, yes, agreed a feature to show this for us would be great.

This is a good idea, indeed. Since the CD tool window is already crowded, maybe a simple tooltip over the CD group column would be sufficient.

I think that would be sufficient and a very big time saver long-term.

I will be able to add this for WaveLab 10.0.50 :slight_smile:

Now that is service, thanks!

whee! thanks!

yeah, was looking at the interface trying to see how best to implement it… even if it’s a little command somewhere “calculate group time” or something…

i think will be a nice little feature for those of us that do a lot of vinyl work!