WDM driver stops working after closing Cubase

Hi. I’ve been away from Cubase for a long time so this could have happened any update since without me noticing: every time I close Cubase my WDM Focusrite Saffire LE 1.6 drivers stop working. There is no sound through Windows: WMP gives an error message and Winamp just draws pretty pictures where the waveform should go. Switch to my SB drivers and all is well; it’s just the Saffire ones, which I have to reinstall.

This is legacy gear so no support from that end possible but they used to work just fine. Can’t work it out. Anyone got any ideas?

Cheers,
C

Hi,

Myself ,I would guess it’s more driver issue.

Thanks for the reply, Martin. I think I agree. Trouble is, it’s old gear that Focusrite says only might work on Windows 10. Maybe that last major Windows update did for it finally. Maybe I should be talking to Microsoft about this…

Cheers,
C

https://support.focusrite.com/hc/en-gb/articles/206849129-My-Saffire-interface-will-not-connect-after-Windows-10-upgrade

Thanks for the link. Still investigating but changing back to an old driver looks promising. I’ll post back how it works out.