Weird cursor movement in unmeasured section

I think this is a cursor movement bug during note input.
In note input mode at the end of a flow, I arrow past the end of the grid so the cursor is at the final barline. (I can enter a note there.) When I try to arrow backward, the cursor jumps to the end of the previous line (or maybe it’s jumping back to the previous barline). When the whole piece had no measures, the cursor jumped back to the system at the top of the current page. Now that I’ve added a few barlines, it jumps back to the end of the previous line, which happens to have a barline.

I’m not sure exactly what you’re reporting here, Pam. Are you talking about the note input caret, or moving the selection with the arrow keys, or something different? Perhaps you could make a little screen capture video to show what you’re seeing?

I’m talking about moving the note input caret. It only does this in my score that has open meter. I start note input on the last beat of the flow and arrow right so that the caret is on the barline. When I arrow back, the caret jumps up to the previous barline if any, or end of previous line, or the end of the line at the top of the page.
I tried to create a video with QuickTime bur failed. I’ll try again later.

OK, thanks. I am aware of this issue: when you move the caret left, it jumps back to the last item on the staff. Under normal circumstances I don’t think this is a big problem, but I certainly understand it’s annoying in this scenario. We’ll talk about what we might be able to do about it.

Yes, it’s certainly a minor item, once I realized how the point of focus was changing.