Weird Graphic Bug

Hello!

I have this graphic bug with Cubase Pro 10.5.20 in windows 10:

There’s a white border in the left part of some of the windows, and the windows seems like it’s moved to the right,but not the titlebar. It disappears when I move the window, but it’s really annoying. Anyone knows how to solve this?

I attached some pictures:

Edit: Things I tried and don’t make a difference:

• Redownload and reinstall cubase.
  • Different gpu drivers (nvidia gtx1080Ti) Both game ready and studio versions, and the last 2 versions of them
  • Activate HiDPI mode. Deactivate HiDPI mode (I only have 1 screen 1920x1080)
  • Run cubase in safe mode (with plugins disabled, and with preferences disabled)
  • Change windows perfomrmance settings (control panel - system - advanced - performance) to best performance.

Hi,

I can reproduce this issue time to time. Unfortunately I can’t reproduce it regularly, so I cannot catch it when does it happen exactly. Closing and reopening the window fixes it.

In my case closing and opening the windows doesn’t fix it. I have to resize or move the window.

It’s… annoying!

Hi,

If you have NVIDIA, please try this:

• Uninstall the NVIDIA driver.
  • Download the latest Studio driver version from here.
  • Start the installation (as administrator).
  • Don’t install the whole package, use the Custom (Advanced) settins.
  • Disable everything (don’t install NVIDIA Experience, PhysX, etc.), keep just the video driver enabled.

Today I made another test. I took out my graphics card and booted the system with the motherboards graphics card. The problem still persisted. So I’m thinking it’s not a graphics card thing, maybe it’s something between Windows and Cubase.

So. Last weekend I reinstalled windows again. But this time instead of installing the latest version (Version 2004, 2020 May update), I installed the previous one (1909, 2019 November update). And the problem is gone!

I haven’t updated the system to 2004 yet to see if it brigns back the problem, or it’s only there when you fresh install it. I’ll post here when I do. But it’s clear that it is an issue between that windows version and cubase.

I just ran a Windows unbloater script, which otherwise has worked wonders, but now the bug reported here has shown up. I’ve tried all windows and it only happens in the Mixer. Minimising and bringing it back solves it.
Just in case, I’m downloading the Nvidia driver update, as suggested here. I haven’t updated it since I bought this machine in 2017.

Edit: Updating the driver hasn’t solved the problem. I’ve also tried forcing Windows to use the Nvidia driver and then the Integrated card, but it makes no difference.

Would you please check what windows version you have? In case you need to find it, it’s under Configuration → System → About.

This is what is says:
Edition: Windows 10 Home
Version: 2004
OS Build: 19041.329
Experience: Windows Feature Experience Pack 120.2202.130.0

2004 version. The same I had problems with. When I went back to 1909 the problem was solved. But I did a clean install.

If you just updated, you can try to go back to the prevous version of windows and see if the problem goes away. I believe it will, but I’m not sure. Anyway, it would be a good test in order to pinpoint what’s happening here.

Here’s a link where’s it says how to do it, if you’re willing to try!

Thanks for the help. Unfortunately I installed it too long ago…
In any case, it doesn’t really bother me (I’m slowly transitioning to Studio One), I just posted it for the record.

Same problem for me. I am currently in contact with Steinberg support with no response at this time.
At least I know I’m not the only one with this bug !

Same here, on all mediabay windows (except “Track preset” window) you have to resize the windows or to be “on the top” to have it work without graphic problems… and same reinstall graphic card / Cubase etc (2x times) but problems is still here so I think it’s the new window 10 2004 that some Cubase windows don’t like… :frowning: :frowning:
a quick fix will be welcome…cause that’s mess the precision of mouse pointer too on this windows…

Same problem here with a Radeon RX580, so it’s not Nvidia related. Started after updating Windows 10 to 2004.

Same here too, also after update to 2004. Nice to know I’m not alone!

After a few tests, Steinberg support confirms by email today that this is a Cubase bug related to the new version of Windows 10 2004. The patch will be available as an update soon.

Good News !

FWIW, I see the white border and offset with Intel graphics (integrated GPU) as well, but it disappears as soon as I move the AOT window.

I have the same issue in Cubase 10.0.60 since Windows 10 was updated to 2004 a few days ago on my computer.
Hopefully Cubase 10.0 version will also get the fix.

I have the same problem I have updated to build 2004 recently and started seeing this problem…