weird staff groups/brackets after adding players to flow

I’ve run into a bit of a conundrum. I’ve been working on an opera in short score to keep things manageable. I had finally gotten to the point where I wanted to add the whole orchestra to the document, but I still had some flows I wanted to keep in short score, so, after adding all the players to the document, I removed certain players from some specific flows. Everything’s good so far.

What happened next though is that when it came time to add those players back into those flows, I wasn’t sure which players were in which flows, and I didn’t want to add them each back individually, figuring it would take too long (as my score has gotten bigger, Dorico has gotten much slower in the setup menu), so I batch selected the entire ensemble (orchestra, soloists, and all), and then flipped the check mark for all of the aforementioned flows. Once I did that, Dorico did something very weird with my staff groups. It looks like it made everything into one big group (and that one big group would have a single bracket except that the double stave instruments–harp, “strings,” harpsichord, and organ–interrupts this attempted full orchestra bracket).

I’ve toggled the bracket modes in the engraving options (from orchestral to small ensemble and then back), but that doesn’t do the trick. I’m going to keep fiddling, but I was wondering if anyone has run into this before? Do you suppose it’s intended behavior? Any ideas? Thanks! :smiley:

PS attachments show the weird staff grouping in the specific, above-mentioned flows and also what it’s supposed to look like.

Just wanted to post a quick follow-up to say that, while I don’t know exactly what causes this, I realized that an easy enough fix is to simply create new flows and copy and paste the old ones into the new ones. Should’ve thought of that right away. Doh! So on the off-chance you run into this, no need to panic :smiley: