Weirdness with something

Hi,

I’m trying, using the move to staff above then back down to swap the contents of 2 grand staff staves.

When I select the stuff I want to move out of the way:

Then hit N, I get this:

So it moves the clef and the rests and the bar repeats sign but not the notes…

This happens whether I do move to staff above, copy and paste and swap staff contents…

P
@dspreadbury I can’t e attach the project here but I’m quite happy to email it to you if that’s ok?

A. N is the key command to cross staff. You’re probably confusing it with Alt/Opt-N, which actually moves whatever’s selected to the staff above.
B. There’s a dedicated function, Edit > Paste Special > Swap, to which you could optionally assign a key command. This will do what you’re attempting in a single step.

Ah, maybe that’s the issue…

However, it was doing the same thing when I used copy/paste and using the swap contents command from my stream deck using the Scoring notes profile…

Thanks for answering though, as always Leo.

P

Yes, the Swap Staff Contents button on the Notation Express Stream Deck profiles does the same thing as Edit > Paste Special > Swap. It works as expected here. I suggest you select the passage and go Edit > Notations > Cross Staff > Reset to Original Staff before trying the swap command again.