Welcome to Cubase 10

Thank you! :slight_smile: I really hope Steinberg does hear us.
The problem is thatā€¦ this visiting of TV/Film music composers had to happen couple of years ago, not just weeksā€¦ :wink:

Personally I find the Chord Track useful only for chord changes Marker and the only way Cubase to have proper Encharmonic spelling is
if Chord Track is addedā€¦ which is terribleā€¦
Greetings :slight_smile:

Can you give us a progress report on the ā€œVideo Render Exportā€ promised feature? Is it still in the works? Iā€™ve been waiting 2 years for the promised future update. Itā€™s something I have to do everyday, export and send clips to clients.

For over a decade now Iā€™ve used had to use Pro Tools solely for the purpose to export video clips to send to clients. Make my music in Cubase, then import into PT to make a video preview. And now weā€™ve been waiting for 2 years since Cubase 9 and new video engine to get the promised replacement: ā€œVideo Render Export.ā€ Every other major DAW (Pro Tools, Logic, DP) has been able to export video clips for over a decade. Was so hoping this update was coming today, it would be such a time saver for me.

I will still update to C10. Too many awesome new features that I canā€™t resist. But still bummed about this missing video render update.

Iā€™m glad to hear that. :smiley: I would say 16. So itā€™s on pair with the insert slot count.

Another suggestion: It would be nice if the channel EQ has more than 4 bands. You could use the frequency EQ. I know some controllers like the CC 121 or CMC QC (which I have) wouldnā€™t work anymore but we have to move on. Maybe you could even get them to work with a firmware update. Add a feature like ā€œdouble tap button Xā€ to toggle between 4 bands each.

It would be awesome to use a 3rd party EQ for the channel EQ. Like the Pro-Q 2 from Fab Filter. :slight_smile:

Have a nice evening.

Yes please add more fx sendsā€¦

At the minimum 16 preferably 32.

Yes, this is not only our list, itā€™s actually in progress. But since there are a lot of dependencies, I am not able to give you any outlook on the release schedule. We are aware that this is a much requested feature.

I think they could license the neve portico plugins, they were very good I think and I donĀ“t think they sell to much anymore.

The ability to use third party EQ and dynamics in the channel strip is way overdue. Can we please have that some day?

Sad to not see this implemented and yes - the portico plugs would be a great start, I really like the EQ.

So much of the audio and recording end of this update looks exciting. But I canā€™t help but feel sequencing is not keeping pace and has withered on the vine over the years. Do we get flow editing? Track note folding? Improved step/grid sequencing capabilities?

Canā€™t help but feel a little disappointed thereā€™s not more of an uplift to sequencing in this update after many cycles which feel like they have concentrated on recording. It no wonder that ableton is so popular with the electronic music community, thereā€™s little here to challenge its dominance in electronic music circles even if I will appreciate the new touches that make recording and mixing easier.

The new look seems awesome by the way!

Still waiting on a reply as to why the Track Archives / Multichannel Disabled Tracks bugs [the now notorious CAN 13042] have still not been addressed. As a result, the lack of enhancing the crippled Track Presets is sorely missed. Canā€™t believe its been - what? - 4 years now, and its still not possible to build a modular template that doesnā€™t turn to crap in use.

I was not supposed to buy any more music software this year. Then I got email ā€œCubase 10 is out!ā€. Darn you Steinberg.

Just downloaded my copy. I look forward trying it out but I guess I leave that for tomorrow since if something goes wrong I am too tired to fight with it today. But I look forward for the snapshot feature in mixer. It really will save time when trying out different settings. Is it lighter for CPU than 9.5 and has the sound quality improved?

Thanks Starsprinkler!

jdf

Awesome! Thanks!!

That is very disappointing. Almost as disappointing as being 7 days outside the grace period. :confused:

Shame as I donā€™t fancy spending Ā£171 for an upgrade to Artist just to have this basic feature.

How about dual cpus?

Multitrack free warpā€¦ may as well +1 it here too since Iā€™ve +1ā€™d it for a whole bunch of prior versions. And a dash of ā€œBezier curves pleaseā€ as wellā€¦

Any improvements to the Sampler Track in v10? In 9.5, itā€™s still VERY basic and doesnā€™t even have simple sample editing features like trim/crop. Also, the Time Stretching for both time & pitch is still far inferior to what I was used to on Ableton Live. Even FXpansions Geist 2 had better real time timestretch for samples. Also, please allow drag and drop from Groove Agent pads to Sampler tracks so sounds can be played at different pitches quickly rather than use Groove Agents unintuitive method of note spreading and muting overlapping pads.

Looks awesome - Iā€™m definitely going to buy it. Excited to try it out!

We need trial, ASAP

Awesome update! C10 Looks good :slight_smile:

Will update soon, waiting for ARA2 support :exclamation:

This update is absolutely amazing, Mojave and Cubase 10 are running flawlessly on my Mac Pro 2013. The GUI lag is gone and everything is super responsive. Sure, I wish a few things such as better time warp algorithms could have made the list but itā€™s still an incredible update and Iā€™m so happy they finally figured out the GUI lag issue. Thanks so much to all of the team for your effort on this!