Wet/Dry for all plugins

-doubt this will ever happen, as it wouldn’t be backwards compatible.

-Secondly, most plugins have their own internal mix, and if they don’t you can use a VST wrapper that has the feature.

-the only plugins that don’t have dry/wet are EQs and some compressors, of which most compressors also have dry/wet. How many times do you need dry/wet for EQ?

• If I get a project where someone has set your insert dry/wet mix to %70 and the plugins internal dry/wet mix to %30 I’m going to lose my 5h!t What is the point of insert dry/wet, when pretty much every plugin you would use dry/wet has it.

• imo and many others, it’s not professional organizational workflow. Dry / Wet balances should be done on faders not mini-knobs.
    It’s just not what Cubase is or does, Cubase is about organization.

• having, a bunch of dry / wet mix knobs scattered across 16 inserts across 200-1000 tracks is not musical. If you wouldn’t do it on a project that size, why would you do it on a project any size if it’s beneficial?

• It’s counter intuitive to doing proper gain-staging and gain management, it makes diagnosing problems more difficult, it puts gain variables in both visually and physically unobtainable place, it lacks organizational labeling and a track picture,

• It also doesn’t resemble anything in the analog world in terms of console workflows. I haven’t seen too many dry /wet mix inserts.

• Think of it like this, Cubase is your studio point to point wiring and console. You put modular synths, effects, instruments, and specialty routers - all things that have dry/wet mix knobs - and you put them in your studio and network into the console.

• There’s no reason for it, and it encourages bad, lazy, unorganized workflow which is how I feel working in FL/Abelton/etc. Somethings shouldn’t change - like always wrapping your cables and proper signal flow/topology.

\

if there’s a feature request that makes sense, it’s to be able to save ‘favourite quick controls’ so that they always load to the first available quick control as soon as you load the plug. that way you could save all the dry/wet controls in each plugin as favourite quick controls so they always available. that’s the best compromise I can make.