What are the blacklist criteria?

I do have a license for that plug-in and used it recently in Cubase 9.
I read about people’s issues and worked on a couple support cases, but so far it’s working fine for me.
But my home DAW is Windows, so…

It could also be the OS X issue with Objective C mentioned above… please, PM me a crash report, if you get it to crash again (copying the report, as long as it contains the crashed thread, will do).

To be honest, I had major instability in Windows with CL1 too. On Mac it’s even worse, it literally crashes Cubase 50% of the time after you load it.

Such a shame because it sounds really good. I emailed ArtsAcoustic again about it but honestly I just don’t know why they abandoned their plugins. They are still in business somewhat as they just did the new effects for Vengeance Avenger synth but all their own dev work seems to have stopped and support is incredibly limited.

ArtsAcoustic Reverb works perfectly and is one of my favourite reverb plugins ever!!! :slight_smile:

Again, this blacklisting is perfect, time for 3rd PTY developers to get out of their lazy chair and step up their game.
Had a mix session this morning 9.01 is so freaking stable, smooth and feels lighweight. Not sure what changed, but it’s massively for the better :sunglasses:

I had the 88 piano and some other Sonivox plugins, they caused lag and crashes, didn’t know it was them, blamed Cubase, now they are blocked, problem solved. GREAT STUFF!

UAD 2 work perfect here.
Win 7 64

regarding Play 5.0.0 on Windows: East West will release very soon an update to Play that will pass the scanner without problems.

regarding Izotope:
Mac: their plugins are affected by the OSX bug, that’s why they are on the blacklist, they are crashing during the scan (https://helpcenter.steinberg.de/hc/en-us/articles/207348390-Plug-in-Sentinel-for-Cubase-9 for further information about the OSX Bug). You can reactivate them if you need them, but this could lead to an unstable Cubase. We are in touch with iZotope…
Windows: iZotope installs dlls into the vst plugin folder that are not valid plugins. These are sorted out by the scanner. All your iZotope plugins should be available on Windows.

I also have Kontact and Solid Bus Compressor and either of them are black listed.
In my plugin list they are showing as VST version 2.4 so I would suggest just updating those VSTs via Native Instruments update manager.

I could do this to get Guitar Rig 5 working I guess but I know the update from Native Instruments crashes the stand alone application on my machine so I rolled back.

Dear Steinberg reps on this thread: can you confirm please whether the most recent version of Rayzoon’s Jamstix 3 is on the black list?

I don’t have that software myself.

It it gets blacklisted, you can try to unblock it and see how it works. Please, notify the developer about it.

Hi all,

Question to Steinberg devs:

Just curious, are local blacklist results by any chance uploaded to Steinberg, to compile a collection of blocked plugins?

Thanks!

Hey, Alexis. I’ve got Jamstix 3 demo running fine on Cubase 9 here! Cheers, C

Hey Crotchety!!

I forgot I had asked that question, yes I’ve got it up and running on C9 as well. No prob :smiley: .

And more good news - Jamstix 4 is in beta testing per Ralph over there, so … it lives!!