What are the must have things to install from download assistant? (New User with limited HDD space)

Hello, I’m new here and new to Cubase. Version 11 pro to be exact. This is my first post here. Probably been watching too many Guy Michelmore videos lol. I’m really interested in film scoring.

I’m a Reason 11 suite user and have a huge plugin collection already including Native Instruments Komplete Ultimate, a couple Toontrack plugins (EZBass, EZDrummer2), VITAL, and quite a few other things including Reason 11 itself as a vst plugin I can use in Cubase (so nice I can bring my other DAW with me to visit :slight_smile: )

Since I already have all this stuff including some things I don’t even use, I’m not in a hurry to download all the goodies that come with Cubase mainly because my hard drives are getting crowded. But I do wonder which ones are highly recommended by veteran users and why?

Hi and welcome on the forum,

Cubase Installer is the one, you really need.

You don’t have to download the libraries/Sound Sets, if you don’t want to use them. Groove Agent SE is a drummer. If you already own NI Battery, EZDRummer, you will probably use those. HALion Sonic SE is universal instrument. As you own several others, you wouldn’t probably use it.

If you are not going to edit audio, you wouldn’t need SpectraLayers neither.

In your case, it’s quite likely, Cubase is all you need.

Thank you. I was leaning towards everything you said but just wanted to make sure i wasn’t missing out on anything.