What are your favorite Cleaning/Maintenance program(s)

Precisely.

CCleaner is particuarly good, as it cleans up all the .NET references which again result in faster response times of the OS and applications.

It is called Microsoft Security Essentials.

I (personally) found ‘CCleaner’ to be accurate keeping the amount of temp files as reduced as possible. But, we have also found out in seldom cases that some Registry entries related to Steinberg software were missing. However, it is uncertain to say that this deleted or missing entries were specifically deleted by ‘CCleaner’, while in some other cases there was a solid clue that similar programs did damage the registry.

I’m currently downloading (clean my mac) app and will give it a try. It will be my first.
After trying it and a few other I find that disk inventory works best for now. I welcome suggestions for Mac user.

Cheers :slight_smile:

I use a great freeware program called “Space Sniffer”. It’s a very useful tool for spotting large, unwanted files and folders that are taking up loads of space on disk but which are no longer required, and for generally getting a handle on where the hell all your diskspace has gone to. Windows-only, I think.

http://www.uderzo.it/main_products/space_sniffer/

WinDirStat is another good treemap app.

Try TREESIZE FREE from JAM software, it’s probably a little bit better and user friendly.

Note: I have found with Driver Booster, it can sometimes install unsigned drivers but alas these won’t run on Windows 7 without some hacking.

For this situation I believe you can use this:

but as of now I haven’t tried this however under Windows 8, control is restored to the user.

Hi folks,

From (my own) personal experience, I would advise anyone to AVOID the software TUNE UP UTILITIES!

I started a dedicated thread on this product a year or so ago :-

Best,

Paul

Hahahahahahahahaha!

Sorry, that’s all I can say after reading this thread!

Hahahahahahahahahaha!

Why?
Would you care to elaborate?

Hi,

Must be a troll??

Paul

A moderator has already said that at least one cleaning program did not seem to interfere with Cubase.

Another member also gave us the heads up on this cleaning program so not all is bad.

Windows Vista and higher have self-healing mechanisms that can restore deleted keys/files so it isn’t so much of an issue to give your computer a bit of a tidy now and then.

I am beginning to se the same poster under multiple aliases…

Post count, dear fellow forumites, post count, is what’s important (remember Brains?) :imp: :wink: !

HE thinks it’s funny that WE bite on HIS threads :unamused:

i use the free CCleaner for reg and temp file cleaning also to uninstall , didnt noticed any problem. it also gives you option to store the registry before deleting.
for anti virus i use windows security essentials , but i had some problems logging to Google related sites and it didn’t find any virus or malicious file,only after installing the demo of malwarebytes i found lot of male-ware !
removing them did help me logging to my Google sites again !!

I also use CCleaner, Malwarebytes and Windows Security Essentials. Plus I someitimes use jv16 Powertools which is very powerful so you have to be careful. I once accidentally wiped off my VSTPlugins folder…that’s my one and only mistake, other than that, the program itself has worked perfectly for many years now.