What basic computer will run Cubase LE?

You could download an older version of Cubase to work with Windows 7 by using a current license. They have quite a few older packages in the download assistant software.

In Dec 2019 Steinberg announced they were no longer testing on Win 7 so I think Cubase 9. or 9.5 would still work for you:

I was using Elements 10.5 in Win 7 for a bit but it had a few glitches and was technically not supported. Moving to Win 10 solved my problems and would recoomend maing the upgrage if you are going ojn the internet with it.

Here’s an add I found four Cubase 9 which has the system specs you need:

System Requirements:
Mac: OS X 10.11 / macOS Sierra 64-Bit Windows 7 / 8.x / 10
Windows: 64-bit Intel or AMD multi-core processor (Intel i5 or faster recommended)
4 GB RAM (8 GB or more recommended)
18 GB free HD space
1366 x 768 display resolution (1920 x 1080 recommended)
Graphics card with DirectX 10 and WDDM 1.1 support (Windows only)
USB port for USB-eLicenser (license management)
OS-compatible audio hardware

I would definitely want at least 8 GB of ram but more is better. You can pick up S/H HP laptops like Elitebooks, Probooks, Spectres and older Envys just past warranty all day long for cheap on eBay that will meet these specs. They will usually be refurbished office machines bought in bulk by resellers:

If you want a desktop look at the HP Z workstations:

You may have to ask the sellers to load Win 7 for you though as most will have been updated to Win 10 or try to buy an older copy and install yourself.

2 Likes